Superior Skilled Trades is seeking an Electrical Construction Chief Estimator for a Commercial and Industrial Division of a company where Safety is Priority One in Greenville, SC. This is a direct hire opportunity.
· Manage and administer department functions including operating budgets, staffing, wage reviews, work assignments, performance evaluations, etc.
· Prepares cost estimates for all aspects of commercial and industrial electrical construction and maintenance projects up to $15M utilizing construction plans and specifications in accordance with company estimating guidelines and related industry standards.
· Assist corporate and project management to determine what types of projects to bid, strategies, techniques, etc.
· Prepares estimates by calculating complete takeoff of scope of work.
· Negotiates with vendors to ensure quality and lowest cost possible on bid items.
· Serves as front-line point-of-contact on behalf of company on bid days.
· Coordinates total estimating effort relevant to particular bid / project as assigned.
· Supports other department personnel as required; may include preparing estimates in other disciplines and assisting Project Managers with job start-up and change-order costs.
· Review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to formal quotation.
- 10 or more years estimating or cost control and/or engineering experience in the commercial or industrial elect.
- Four-year engineering degree or equivalent combinations of technical training and/or related experience.
- Strong computer skills (EXCEL) and exceptional knowledge/experience utilizing complex project management software and construction estimating software.
- Strong math, reading, organizational, and analytical/critical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of commercial or industrial building codes and related systems/controls.
- Excellent interpersonal relationship skills and written/verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interpret computerized cost data and systems and reading/comprehending blueprints.
- Ability to work effectively as an estimating team member.
- Successfully pass pre-employment background check, and MVR check when responsibilities require operating motor vehicles, and drug-test as may be required per federal or client contract, or DOT policy.
· This company operates diverse business units across the United States, each focusing on distinct market segments and geographies, with some business units operating nationally.
· 401(k) Retirement Plan with company discretionary match.
· Flexible medical-dental-vision insurance, short-term/long-term disability insurance, basic life/AD&D insurance.
· Highly competitive pay in addition to paid-time-off in the majority of business units.
· Vehicle and cell phone allowance.
· 10 days of Personal Time off (PTO) per year.
If relocation to Greenville, SC is necessary, relocation assistance will be provided.
SALARY: $120,000 to $140,000 per year. Direct Hire.
Superior Skilled Trades
Why Work Here?Superior Skilled Trades is a national skilled trade staffing provider.
Join a rapidly growing company that has a great culture and opportunities for career growth.