Customer Service Representative
At Superior Sewing Machine & Supply we are proud of our customers, team members, suppliers and community. Our internal culture and the people involved are responsible for making us the largest parts wholesaler in the sewing industry in America for over 70 years.
The sewing industry is an exciting one. We help customers who service a wide variety of industries such as the automotive, aerospace, apparel, furniture, shoes, leather, sailing, among many others.
If you want to become a member of our Sales team, you should consider this opportunity. We are currently looking for a Customer Service Representative who will be working in our Miami, FL office.
Our Doral, Florida office is looking for a Customer Service Representative that:
- Is proactive and enthusiastic.
- Works well independently and, at the same time in a small team environment.
- Is self- motivated.
- Has exceptional communication, negotiation and time management skills.
- Possesses a natural ability to establish a rapport with people from all walks of life and is able to wear different hats based on each client's needs.
- Is able to build strong client relationships.
- Easily learns sales processes and computer systems unique to an industry.
- Is open to coaching and advice.
- Is detail oriented.
- Has strong organizational skills.
- Has the ability to meet performance deadlines and regularly meet or exceed expectations.
The person applying for a job as a Customer Service Representative position must be a people-person. He or she will be responsible for maintaining customer relationships by responding to inquiries, documenting actions taken, entering orders and communicating clearly and positively both internally and externally.
If you desire a career with growth potential, join our team to develop new business markets and grow new business accounts.
Requirements and Experience:
- Highly self-motivated.
- Strong interpersonal skills (interacting with customers, fellow staff members, etc.).
- Team oriented.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills and strong organizational skills.
- Ability to learn about products and job processes quickly.
- Strong data entry skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively manage time, complete projects on a timely basis, multi-task, etc.
- Fluent in English and Spanish. Native or 100% English proficiency.
- High school education or higher with a strong interest in customer service.
- Customer service experience.
- Proficiency with computers, especially Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook). PowerPoint knowledge a plus.
Job Responsibilities include ability to:
- Maintain high productivity.
- Nurture multiple business relationships and affiliations.
- Analyze sales data (customer and product).
- Communicate and work effectively and tactfully with customers, suppliers and fellow staff members.
- Skillfully negotiate with customers.
- Cold call on potential customers (from large corporations to one-person shops).
- Develop an understanding of our products, services and customer service processes.
- Learn and implement our customer service and organization missions and stay focused on our core values.
- Respond to customer inquiries quickly and with a positive attitude.
- Help to improve our service and product offerings (recommending process improvements, identifying new products through interactions with customers, etc.).
- Update job knowledge and grow customer service skills on a regular basis by participating in educational opportunities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Our line of products is extensive, but we excel at selling spare parts. We have a large stock and a very strong logistics team that supports the efforts of the sales team at every step.
If you find our position attractive and challenging, consider applying. We are looking for people that can make a difference!
2. Other Requirements:
- We believe in the power of teamwork. You need to be able to work well in a small team environment.
- You need to be willing to learn. We try creative things in our sales process which means you have to enjoy learning new process, structures, systems and products.
- Our customer base and team are diverse. You need to be able to communicate both in English and Spanish.
- You will be asked to meet a monthly sales quota. Being able to work under pressure is important.
You will be eligible to qualify for health insurance, dental insurance, 401(K), paid vacation and personal time after 90 days of working with us. You will be part of a very professional and collaborative team that values hard work and also enjoys having fun and a good laugh with other members of the team.