- Posted: over a month ago
- $19 to $25 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental,
We are looking for a Welder who is responsible for performing various types of welding operations including welding together and finishing operations on structural and galvanized steel components to manufacture product to customer specification, sketches, blue prints verbal instructions and other forms of instructions. The welder utilizes knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and some exotic materials setting the specifications of the equipment to be used in the process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Selects and sets up the necessary tools and equipment for assigned work orders to weld together structural and or galvanized-steel components.
- Must be able to perform work on product from start to finish including gathering material, measuring to specifications, cutting material, laying out material, bending material using appropriate bending machinery, tacking, welding, and cleaning product.
- Performs the welding operation in several modes including MIG, and/or stick following the customer specifications on standard and custom work orders, sketches, blue prints verbal instructions and other forms of instructions.
- Operates equipment and machines accordingly to specific operation and safety instructions. Equipment includes but not limited to Mig welders, oxy/acetylene cutting torch, portable band saw, notching/shearing machine, power drills, Pines bender, Ercolina bender, roll cutter, and swage formers.
- Produces a first piece according to product requirements and specifications, obtains approvals.
- Examines his/her work including, blend and close welds, pin holes, removes splatter from the product using the proper tools and proper techniques to avoid damaging the product.
- Inspects the welding work according to specifications included on the quality checklist, visual aids and/or consults with coworkers and supervisor.
- Grind and/or otherwise clean welds
- Verbally communicates to maintenance technician any machinery and equipment functional problems and notifies supervisor any quality issues detected. Maintains and updates the downtime sheet and production paperwork.
- Changes wire, liner and consumables as needed, cleans equipment and work area at the end of the shift.
- The welding fabricator may be required to perform additional duties not specifically describe herein.
- Other duties may be assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
Education and/or Experience
- High school diploma helpful but not required
- Technical School Diploma preferred.
- Minimum on the job experience of 6 months. Production welding experience is a plus.
- AWS Welder Certification is a plus, but not required for hire
- Must have proven production welding experience and be able to demonstrate welding skills prior to job offer.
May be required to travel between local facilities.
Experience in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, and Word is preferred.
- Job may require overtime and a flexible schedule, reporting early and working late including weekends from time to time.
- Proficient in interpretation of mechanical drawings, including weld requirement symbols.
- Knowledge of wire and filler materials applications for various steel alloys, aluminum, and some exotic materials.
- Ability to perform mathematical calculations of simple to medium complexity.
- Working knowledge of fixtures and weld set up parameters (amps, volts, etc.).
- The welder must be able to recognize areas of the product that need to be ground and blended
- Must have the knowledge and ability to operate and use manual tools and equipment such as a grinder, soft blow hammer, level, measuring tape, square, markers, wire brush, welder’s pliers and clamps.
- The welders may work as a team handling large projects.
- Have the ability to pass Welder certification which may be required within 6 months of hire date.
PlayCore is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Headquartered in Carrollton, GA, SRP has acquired six businesses in its 20+ year history bringing together a broad offering of products and custom design services. All manufacturing has been consolidated into two locations Carrollton, GA and McAlester, OK.
Like Us On Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/superiorrecreationalproducts
Follow Us On Twitter; https://twitter.com/playrelaxlive
Superior Recreational ProductsWhy Work Here?
Come see how we Play.Relax.Live!
Superior Recreational Products is a designer, manufacturer, and distributor of branded recreational products, site solutions, and shade products to many industries, with its roots deep in the park and playground markets including schools, childcare centers and churches. Over the years, the company has expanded to new markets including resorts, hotels, airports, restaurants and military bases. SRP is uniquely positioned in its market to offer all its customers the ability to purchase outdoor playgrounds, shelters, shade, indoor playgrounds, water slides and site amenities from one source, thus giving SRP the ability to supply total solutions for its customers. Headquartered in Carrollton, GA, SRP has acquired six businesses in its 20+ year history bringing together a broad offering of products and custom design services. All manufacturing has been consolidated into two locations Carrollton, GA and McAlester, OK. Like Us On Facebook; https://www.facebook.com/superiorrecreationalproducts Follow Us On Twitter; https://twitter.com/playrelaxlive
1050 Columbia Dr. CarrolltonCarrollton, GA