We are Medical Scribe company operating in various emergency departments in San Jose, Gilroy, and Fremont. We are currently seeking for pre-medical/pre-health/recent graduates to fill our position of Medical Scribe in the EMERGENCY DEPARTMENT at ST. LOUISE HOSPITAL in Gilroy, CA.
By becoming a Superior Medical Scribe, pre-medical and pre-health students establish a solid foundation for their future in healthcare. With the increased demands and competitive nature of healthcare careers, becoming a Superior Scribe will provide you with the necessary skills and knowledge that not only assists in your preparation but includes the following advantages:
- Stay ahead of the curve with an extensive knowledge in medical terminology
- Understand patient flow in a clinical setting from various specialties
- Follow the medical providers' mindset throughout their care for patients including treatment methods, procedures, assessments and diagnoses
- Learn bedside manners and how to approach patients from a clinician's perspective
- Feel reassured of your preparation for your graduate program and medical school (MD/DO)
- Learn how to create a detailed patient note in an electronic medical record (EMR)
- Gain invaluable medical knowledge in a field of continuous learning
The Superior Training Method is designed to ensure scribe success. Start today and make a difference in your local community by re-humanizing healthcare, one patient at a time.
Responsibilities and Duties
Medical scribes are expected to:
- Create and maintain patient's encounter in the electronic medical record.
- Document patient's History of Present Illness
- Document patient's Physical Exam as dictated by the attending medical provider
- Document patient's imaging (XRs, CTs, US, MRIs) and laboratory studies
- Have a solid understanding of common medical terminology
- Understand the rapid pace and department flow of the ER
Job Type: Part-time