Excellent opportunity for career growth with a dynamic company that cares about their employees, and is the premier company in the ready mix business. Competitive salary with bonus potential and full benefits. This position is located at our headquarters are located in Farmington Hills, Michigan.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
· Maintain & set up GP purchase orders for inventory materials, including hauling.
· Maintain & update PO inventory price master schedule
· Month end vendor purchase reporting, including plant consumption
· Identify and resolve inventory discrepancies
· Review material invoices
· Resolve GP/Onbase problem invoices
· Reconcile monthly vendor statements to invoices in GP
· Record inventory transfers
· Record JMT Silo inventory activity
o Prepare journal entry for monthly silo activity
· Maintain and update inventory by plant, including price changes
o Assist with month end inventory as needed.
· Calculate and prepare journal entries and other paperwork
· Other accounting tasks as required
· Exotic Materials
o Set up purchase orders in GP
o Maintain & set up Exotic Materials perpetual inventory by customer, by job
§ Process exotic material receipts, including following up on inventory
§ Track and record new orders and purchase receipts
§ Record usage from billing records
§ Record transfers between plants, customers and jobs
o Liaison between purchasing, customer service, operations and sales for exotic materials.
Skills/Knowledge and Abilities Required:
· Minimum 1 to 3 years inventory or accounting experience
· Associates Degree in Accounting, Full Charge Bookkeeper, or equivalent experience
· High level attention to detail
· Ability to analyze data and numbers
· Ability to work with deadlines, especially at month end
· Computer literate with advanced spreadsheets skills
· Office environment: Sitting, standing, walking for extended period of time
· Able to observe inventory taking at production sites
· Little or no travel required
Our 15 production facilities serve both contractors and homeowners throughout southeastern Michigan, Flint, and through mid-Michigan. Builders’ Redi-Mix serves the greater Lansing area.
Today’s jointly held company between Levy and VCNA creates a strong partnership combining more than 50 years of experience in the concrete products market. Levy is a multi-national construction materials supplier with asphalt, aggregates, slag cement and steel services operations throughout the US and several countries around the world. VCNA is a leading producer of cement, aggregates, ready mix and gunite in the US and Canada.