IT Systems Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
- $58,240 to $68,640 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
IT System Engineer supports the delivery and implementation of billable new technology and billable service requests. Their primary focus is to support aligning customer standards in the form of billable projects. A staff member in the role of IT System Engineer is categorized as an “exempt employee” regarding the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) because of their unique professional duties in implementing custom architected projects and solutions for each customer that require advanced knowledge in associated project technologies.
• Understand Professional Service objectives, as well as the role and function of internal team members.
• Support the implementation of new hardware, software, and services to our customer base.
• Perform scheduled or reactive onsite service calls.
• Provide escalation assistance to our Support Team as required.
• Knowledge transfer to internal departments to facilitate successful project implementations.
• Support proactive planning, scoping, overseeing, coordinating, tracking and running assigned projects tasks.
• Enter all customer (and internal) efforts through daily time entries
• Provide support for regular project reviews and reporting to the Operations Manager and Director as required.
• Provide subject matter expertise.
• Support assigned projects in terms of resourcing, quality, and output to maximize both the time and cost outcomes for the Company.
• Become a valued member of the Standards and Alignment Committee
• Maintain high positive client and user satisfaction and relationships.
• Keep abreast of the development of relevant IT and telecommunication systems, hardware, and software applications within the industry.
• Implement, participate, and promote Quality Assurance (QA) objectives, processes and procedures of the Company.
• Conduct thorough checking and self-checking of information and documentation.
• Maintain project files and keep documentation accurate and in good order.
• Assist in the training, mentoring and development of staff.
• Support in liaising with, managing, and advising Customers, other consultants, and contractors and attending meetings as required.
• Adopt continuous learning and improvement processes in all aspects of the position.
• Implement, participate and promote Company Policies and Procedures, including Work Health and Safety (WHS) requirements.
Be part of a rotating on-call team (weeklong shifts, includes L2 and L3 staff) to respond to customer emergency situations and/or maintenance malfunctions regardless of the time or day of the week. On-call shifts occur approximately once every 6 weeks.
• Qualifications in Computer Science/Information Technology or equivalent
• Appropriate Driver’s License based on primary job role location
• Computer-related industry certifications
• Abel to carry 50 lbs. for approximately 10 feet
• Position open only to US Persons (22 C.F.R. § 120.15 U.S. Person, e.g. US citizen or green card holders)
Experience/Skill Level Required
• 2 years plus previous experience in IT administration and/or technical support experience, or equivalent preferred.
• Strong all-round knowledge of IT and telecommunications infrastructure, hardware, and software applications.
• Demonstrated experience and knowledge of network and workstation operating systems, and Microsoft Windows operating system.
• Demonstrated experience with web and internet technologies.
Aptitude & Interpersonal Skills
• Strong communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
• High level organizational, project management, coordination, and prioritization skills.
• Strong problem-solving skills and self-learning.
• Show initiative when undertaking tasks.
• Able to work well both within a team environment and autonomously.
• Good task management and multi-tasking skills.
• High degree of confidentiality.
• High degree of punctuality.
• Ability to take, interpret and follow instructions.
• Customer service orientation.
• Ability to work with staff at all levels of the Company.
• Committed towards undertaking duties efficiently with a strong attention to detail.
• Professional personal presentation.
• Awareness of and ability to work in accordance with Company Policies and Procedures.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
• Minimum of 30 hours billable services recorded per week
• Productivity (expected range 75%-85% utilization rate)
• Supporting project management efficiency
• Accurate and detailed documentation
• Client and staff satisfaction.
• Satisfactory achievement of ongoing targets, goals and objectives as set by the Operations Manager and the Director.
• Accuracy of work undertaken, information and advice provided.
Superior Managed IT Services, headquartered in Arden Hills, MN, is a multi-faceted information technology company that has been providing technical expertise and managed services to small and medium sized businesses, across many industries in the United States and Canada since 1994.
Our commitment to serve our clients combined with our desire to embrace and integrate new technologies, trends, and efficiencies has made Superior Managed IT Services, LLC. a preferred business partner.
Superior Managed ITWhy Work Here?
Fast growing IT company with lots of growth opportunity and hands on experience. Friendly, flexible environment.
Company Description: Superior Managed IT Services, headquartered in Arden Hills, MN, is a multi-faceted information technology company that has been providing technical expertise and managed services to small and medium sized businesses, across many industries in the United States and Canada since 1994. Our commitment to serve our clients combined with our desire to embrace and integrate new technologies, trends, and efficiencies has made Superior Managed IT Services, LLC. a preferred business partner.
1306 County Road F WestArden Hills, MN