Completes a wide variety of difficult engineering assignments, applying engineering techniques and analyses within one discipline. The Engineer at this level is a fully qualified professional, proficient in the utilization of most engineering theories and practices. Some assignments involve CAE (computer-aided engineering)/CAD (computer-aided design) applications. Willingness to travel or relocate to supplier, client, or construction site locations, is expected.
- Performs complex engineering tasks and particularly important engineering work efficiently and accurately.
- Extract engineering information from CAD drawings.
- Prepares engineering computations, material quantity takeoffs, estimates, surveys, and designs.
- Completes a variety of assignments such as drawings, specifications, and other materials suitable for procurement and construction purposes. Frequently interfaces with other Engineering disciplines as well as other departments.
- Prepares detailed requisitions for equipment and materials.
- Reviews supplier drawing submittals and performs technical bid analyses.
- Prepares and issues specifications, datasheets, and other construction documents.
- Provides technical guidance to CAD Designer/Drafters, Designers, and lower-level Engineers working on the same project.
- May be required to provide the seal and signature of the professional engineer, as appropriate, ensuring compliance with all applicable codes, regulations, and ordinances.
- May act in an advisory capacity to senior management personnel on engineering related matters.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering (or related field) and 7+ years of related work experience.
- Proficiency in utilizing CAD and other PC software packages, including Trane TRACE, typically associated with engineering is required.
- U.S. citizenship is required for this position.