REVIT Designer (Mechanical)
- Utilizes a CAD workstation to prepare engineering drawings consisting of standard arrangements, layouts, flow sheets, assemblies, isometrics, etc., from rough sketches and/or from general engineering and design information according to established standards and procedures. Works closely with other Designer/Drafters and Engineers to ensure a coordinated design. Applies standard design principles and theories to complete assignments. Utilizes technical manuals to ensure compliance with company policies and applicable standards and codes such as ANSI, PFI, and ASME.
- Ensures compliance with required design safety factors, tolerances, and specifications. Compiles data and performs dimensional and routine calculations required for the preparation of drawings. Reads and understands orthographic (2D) and/or isometric (3D) designs and supplier/manufacturer drawings.
- Makes required changes, additions, and/or revisions, as directed by immediate supervisor. May assist in training lower-level Designer/Drafters in various procedures. Checks drawings prepared by lower-level Designer/Drafters for accuracy and adequacy.
- Performs other responsibilities associated with this position as may be appropriate.
- 2-year technical degree or certificate of completion from an accredited designer/drafter course (or equivalent) is preferred, and typically 6+ years of related experience. Revit and mechanical (HVAC, plumbing) experience is required.