We are seeking to obtain the services of a communications consultant on a full-time and as-needed basis to support the Public Information/Communications section in its public outreach and marketing efforts for the duration of 6 months.
• Write news/publicity releases and feature articles on departmental operations.
• Develop and maintain digital media content (e.g., posts, graphics, videos, etc.) and social media campaigns across the department's various social media platforms.
• Design, write, and produce public information materials such as display advertising, brochures, flyers, direct mail materials, web sites, and social media content using a variety of graphics, desktop and mobile device publishing software, programming languages, and social media tools to develop or modify materials.
• Assist departmental staff in developing concepts for planning and presenting publicity programs regarding departmental operations.
• Research and make recommendations regarding the implication and effectiveness of the department's information dissemination activities.
• Participate in special events, gather information to draft Briefing Memos for the
• Maintain relevant website pages for the Department through WordPress.
• Assist Special Assistant and Public Information Officer with miscellaneous administrative requests.
Must Meet All Requirements:
· Degree in Communications and Marketing and minimum of 10 years’ experience performing relevant duties and responsibilities required.
· Must be able to provide a portfolio of marketing and social media campaigns and traditional media samples (i.e., Press Release and Media Advisory), including links of news coverage of such campaigns. Scripts, talking points, Briefings, Strategic Plans and other communications samples are welcome
o Provide 3 samples of news and publicity releases and feature articles prepared
o Provide 3 samples of public information materials such as advertising, brochures, flyers, direct mail materials, web sites, and social media content using a variety of graphics, desktop and mobile device publishing software, programming languages, and social media tools to develop or modify materials.
· Executive level experience with creation of presentations using PowerPoint, Canva slides, Google slides, and Prezi.
· Expert level experience creating and managing social media campaigns for a large organization.
· Expert level experience with diverse community outreach across LA County creating messages for targeted demographics (i.e. youth, seniors, etc.).
· Expert level experience creating graphic designs through the use of programs, such as the Adobe Suite and Canva.
· Expert level experience in website content management using WordPress.
· Bi-lingual skills (Spanish) are preferred
· Must be able to provide 3 professional references.