The resource will be asked to support various projects across ITx with their communications efforts. The most common requests for communications assistance involve creating, editing, updating, or improving images, written communications, presentations, diagrams, and one -page summaries. Requests vary from touching up a stock image to translating a team’s concept into the desired communication. The level of involvement, direction, and assistance varies with each project, and the resource will be expected to adapt to fit the needs of each group.
We are seeking
- Candidates who can take a complicated concept and create a simple, easy to understand and compelling storyline.
- Candidates who have strong writing and proofreading skills.
- Candidates who can understand complex information and can take on a journalist mindset to seek out information when it’s not readily available.
- Candidates who can build contacts and sources for use in future stories.
Responsibilities may include:
- Providing consulting services to project teams and collaborate with other subject matter experts to identify solutions in an effort to meet the business needs.
- Managing relationships with IT departments to meet objectives.
- Proactively find, research and develop the stories within IT that can be used to highlight the IT Message as well as contribute to collection of IT Stories.
- Identification of ownership and gathering of IT Department Data, supervision of story collection and data to ensure consistent updates are maintained.
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications, or a related field
- Five to Seven years of experience with written communications and proofing (portfolio should include writing samples)
- Project Management experience
- Strong verbal, written and presentation skills and excellent interpersonal skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to learn, understand, adapt to, and communicate context-heavy material
- Proficiency in a variety of software applications. Excellent PC skills, including Microsoft Office (PowerPoint, Word and Excel)
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of professionals, and champion IT organization’s communications goals to technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to follow directions, manage multiple tasks, meet deadlines, and respond to urgent requests in a positive manner
- InformationTechnology experience strongly desired
- Knowledge of Content Management Systems (CMS) helpful, but not required
Why Work Here?Our client is headquartered back East with 10,000+ employees and a presence in over 20 countries!
ECO Friendly Company With Benefits Contractual Opportunity