*Must be willing to travel when needed*
Client is seeking a SALES REPRESENTATIVE/ ACCOUNT MANAGER and BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT SPECIALIST? The ideal candidate should be self-motivated, Customer service oriented, Passionate about the sales process, Unperturbed by “No”, and revel in the win after a challenging, long sales-cycle project.
Sales Representative/ Account Manager responsibilities including, but not limited to,
· Seek, contact and negotiate with potential customers, introducing them to the client’s exceptional customer service with an ultimate goal of new & growing sales and gross profit
· Manage, maintain, and expand existing customer relationships by providing relevant industry news and prevailing trends, current pricing, sales, service and issue resolution.
· Work closely with Customer Service Representatives to support their needs.
· Meet or exceed the budgeted sales, profit, new customers & products goals set by the Sales Manager.
· Bachelor’s Degree in a natural science such as chemistry, physics or biology, (or food, nutrition, agricultural, cosmetic or industrial science)
· Three (3) years of successful outside sales
· CA driver’s license (valid) and excellent driving record.
· Degree PLUS five (5) years of outside sales in chemical wholesale or distribution industry
· Ability to create strong & enduring relationships with customers through effective verbal and written communications, knowledge about specific products and the chemical industry, ability to appropriately read, analyze, interpret and follow through on requests for pricing, product information, and samples.
· Excellent management of details and multiple tasks within time constraints.
· Ability to do routine business math calculations including computation of sales costs, margins and kilo/pound conversions for weight and price.
· Professional, and cooperative conduct at all times, with stakeholders. Professional appearance.
· Passionate about customer satisfaction and teamwork. Expects excellence from self and others.
· Ability to deal with assertive personalities in a highly competitive industry.
· Excellent computer skills for activities such as customer relationship management, checking sales history and order status, obtaining raw material costs, submitting Return Merchandise Authorizations, requests for quotes or samples, completing all reports, and entering survey data.
Why Work Here?Our client is headquartered back East with 10,000+ employees and a presence in over 20 countries!
ECO Friendly Company With Benefits Contractual Opportunity