Date: Nov 4, 2019
Location: San Jose, California, United States
Company: Super Micro Computer
Supermicro is a Top Tier provider of advanced server, storage, and networking solutions for Data Center, Cloud Computing, Enterprise IT, Hadoop/ Big Data, Hyperscale, HPC and IoT/Embedded customers worldwide. We are the #5 fastest growing company among the Silicon Valley Top 50 technology firms. Our unprecedented global expansion has provided us with the opportunity to offer a large number of new positions to the technology community. We seek talented, passionate, and committed engineers, technologists, and business leaders to join us.
Supermicro is seeking a SEO (Search Engine Optimization) Marketing Specialist with excellent analytical, communication and research skills. The ideal candidate must have working knowledge of search engine optimization practices and should be abreast with the latest keyword research techniques, search engine algorithm updates, competitive landscape and the behaviors of search engines. B2B experience in the technology industry is preferred. The candidate must understand the server/storage hardware market and have the ability to internalize our technical product strategy and synthesize it into online-facing, relevant value propositions and content. This role will report to the Sr. Marketing Manager, Operations & Strategy, for Supermicro and is based in our HQ, San Jose location.
Essential duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Drive keyword research to better optimize existing content and drive new traffic opportunities while conducting continuous SEO analysis and recommending a content strategy
- Be a subject matter expert in all SEO areas including Keyword Research, Technical SEO (UX, site architecture, URL structure, XML sitemaps, canonical tags, dynamic/static pages, etc.), Video SEO, On-Page Optimization (Metadata, Headings, Content, Anchor Links, Navigation, etc.), Off page optimization etc.
- Train other marketers on SEO best practices
- Identify appropriate content for regular updates and partner closely with product owners to support website content
- Pro-actively identify and offer solutions to reverse negative trends
- Monitor SEO analytics dashboards and reporting tools and dedicatedly identify areas for improvement and attention as well as monitoring and evaluating search results and search performance across the major search channels
- B.A. I B.S. degree in marketing or IT related fields required.
- 2+ years of experience in successfully developing and executing SEO campaigns and SEM
- Expertise in HTML, CSS, and other website technology related to SEO; schema markup experience is a plus
- Up to date on the latest search engine algorithms and ranking methods
- Advanced knowledge with SEO industry programs, such as Google Analytics and popular keyword tools
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job:
Able to sit for long periods of time.
Able to input data into a computer and work with a computer screen for long periods of time.
Occasional bending and standing.
Standing, walking, sitting, talking/listening, crouching or crawling, reaching with hands and arms.
Lift, carry, push and pull up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job:
Primarily works indoors in an office setting with controlled climate conditions
May be susceptible to outdoor weather conditions (i.e., cold, heat, rain, and/or wind)
Supermicro is an Equal Opportunity Employer and embraces diversity in our employee population. It is the policy of Supermicro to provide equal opportunity to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status or special disabled veteran, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.
Job Segment: Developer, Cloud, XML, Data Center, User Experience, Technology