Electrician - Certified Journeyman
- Posted: over a month ago
Commercial Solar Energy, the Commercial Division for Sunworks, Inc., is seeking to hire experienced, Certified full time Electrician. This role is based out of our Roseville, California office, and will support our Operations & Maintenance Division "O&M" throughout Northern California. Will work closely with our project Superintendents and Foreman on solar construction projects to ensure work is completed timely and according to specifications and standards of the project.
- Performs installations, includes rooftops, shade structures, and ground mounted PV arrays.
- Assemble solar modules, panels, racking and other support structures per job specifications as necessary.
- Installs electrical equipment including, transformers, combiner panels, gear, enclosures, strut racks and all other miscellaneous components associated with a complete solar system.
- Activates photovoltaic (PV) systems to verify system functionality and conformity to performance expectations.
- Checks electrical installations for proper wiring, polarity, grounding, and integrity of terminations.
- Ensures proper installation of module array interconnect wiring.
- Tests, inspects, and troubleshoots integral solar equipment/components identifying hazards, defects, or the need to adjust and repair operating systems.
- Directs and trains apprentices and electrical trainees to install, maintain, or repair electrical equipment associated with a complete solar systems.
- Installs power supply wiring and conduit, such as: EMT, Rigid or IMC conduit, MC cable, strut, cable and snake tray.
- Tests operating voltages to ensure operation is within acceptable limits for equipment, including electrical panels and inverters.
- Acts as Lead Electrician/team member for shut down processes and running electrical work.
- Works closely with Foreman and Sub-contractors on site to ensure jobs are completed safely and efficiently and on time.
- 3-5 years of experience in the commercial electrical field with a current active California Certified General Journeyman Card, ET Card or working towards obtaining certification
- Ability to travel and work elsewhere 25% of the time
- Highly knowledgeable with the National Electrical Code (NEC), Uniform Building Code (UBC), OSHA Safety Standards, local & utility jurisdiction requirements.
- Complete understanding and awareness of job site safety or current certifications including OSHA 10, OSHA 30, Competent person, equipment certifications.
- Must have knowledge in conduit bending, wire rigging, and many other journeyman traits proving their experience
- Experience in roof wiring, grounding and installing inverters and mechanical installations.
- Understands monitoring systems and how to properly install each specific/applicable system.
- Ability to clearly understand and navigate through a full set of drawings including single line diagrams, feeder and equipment schedules and all other general notations.
- High standard of integrity and professionalism.
- Ability to work well with team members in a collaborative / professional manner and with clients.
- Must own a complete set of hand tools, power tools and standard electrical testing equipment.
- PC Proficient with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, including: Word, Excel, and Outlook, database creation and report generation
- Legal eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship now or in the future
- Ability to successfully pass an in-depth background investigation and pre-employment drug screen
- Valid California Driver’s License and proof if insurance is required
- Experience working in a Solar Company
or, any combination of academic education and professional training and development along with applied work experience that demonstrates the ability to perform the essential functions of the position.
Compensation / Benefits:
- Competitive base salary depending on experience.
- Eligible to participate in company benefit and 401(k) programs on the first of the month following 60-days of employment if a 30-hour work week is maintained routinely.
Sunworks provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants and employees without regard to any legally protected classes, including, but not limited to age, gender, gender identity, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, mental/physical disability, national origin, pregnancy, race/color, religion, sexual orientation, or military/veteran status.
Sunworks is an E-Verify Employer; if an offer of employment is made, proof of authorization to work in the US and/or U.S. citizenship must be provided.
(Only qualified candidates will be considered and/or contacted.)
Visit our website at: www.sunworksusa.com
** APPLICANTS OR RECRUITERS/AGENCIES – PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR EMAIL **
Sunworks United Inc
ConstructionView all jobs at Sunworks United Inc