- Posted: over a month ago
STORE LEVEL POSITION
HEALTH INSURANCE (for Full Time)
JOB OBJECTIVE: Warehouse Custodian workers are responsible for receiving, storing, and shipping merchandise and maintaining overall general cleanliness of the operation. Warehouse Custodian workers are to handle, load or unload merchandise as it is received or as it is shipping out, assist Managers and Truck Drivers in their day to day operations, and to handle all aspects of the Warehouse including customer service for incoming donations. Warehouse Custodian workers MUST be able to sweep all dust from the floor in a satisfactory manner and aid in overall general maintenance of the property with a strong focus on cleanliness and trash removal. The Warehouse Custodian MUST reinforce the positive image of the Company in all dealings including cleaning, customer interaction, and in the Warehouse. Strong organizational skills, an eye for detail, and ability to work without supervision are important.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Sweep the entire retail floor, halls, employee areas and sorting areas daily. This includes underneath all racks / items on the retail floor, and in all corners. Remove unbroken hangers and other store fixtures, such as signs and brackets, from the dust pile prior to discarding. Spot mop daily in a manner customary to retail standards using fresh water daily and Company approved cleaners or detergents only. Empty mop water immediately following use and leave buckets empty with mops hanging to dry. Do not leave brooms, mops, or other equipment on the retail floor during normal business hours.
- Maintain cleanliness in and around the entire premises including all restrooms, retail floor, glass windows, fixtures, equipment, mirrors, employee areas, parking lot and property controlled by the company as needed or designated by management. This includes dusting, wiping, washing, trimming, scrubbing, and sanitizing as needed.
- Replenish restroom supplies as needed.
- Empty store trash and employee trash as needed.
- Advise management of trash compactor status. Clean under and around compactor as needed (often)
- Assist in the maintenance of the exterior grounds of the premises including picking up trash from the parking lot.
- Assist with the maintenance of the facility including changing light bulbs and other small handy-work including periodic shopping cart maintenance (casters).
- Assist and advise management of supply levels (cleaners, toilet paper for restrooms, etc.) Maintain an organized supply area.
- Maintain a clean, clutter-free work area. Do not clutter work area with knick-knacks or other non-essential items including radios.
- Conduct periodic HVAC filter changes
- Assist in the removal of all trash from the sort process.
- Assist with the loading and unloading of all trucks. Ensure all skids are stacked as required, even if this requires restacking.
- Assist customers dropping off merchandise, picking up purchases, or carrying of other large items such as furniture, televisions, etc. Due to frequent customer interaction, appropriate attire is required at all times. Effective 2015 some locations require Warehouse to wear provided uniform. Properly document all incoming donations as required.
- Assist with the storage of merchandise. Maintain a clutter free warehouse with all items clearly and properly labeled.
- Assist Warehouse Driver position with the loading, unloading, or transport of rag bins or recycled product as necessary.
- Effective 2015 some locations may or may not make bales. If Bales are made, make bales of consistent size and weight in accordance with local requirements. All bales must be strapped tightly to accommodate shipping regulations and have consistent weight. Stack bales properly. Operate or be able to learn to operate a forklift and pass an approved OSHA safety training class if bales are made at the location. Successfully load bales onto truck(s) as required and log the weight for each outgoing bale per company requirement.
- Post and/or record shipments and merchandise received accurately and legibly.
- Assist with the furniture department, carting, loading, strapping, etc. Make minor repairs to incoming items if possible.
- Report and unsafe or unsanitary situation to management including any items (fixtures) in need of repair or replacement.
- Perform any other job assignments required by management.
Sunshine Thrift Store
Transportation and StorageView all jobs at Sunshine Thrift Store