Part-time but can be a full-time position!!
Qualifications to be an ABA Behavior Therapist / Teacher:
• Valid CA Drivers License & Good driving record
• Reliable Auto & Valid Insurance
• Pass Criminal Background Check (No Misdemeanors or Felonies)
• Live Scan Background Check • Cell Phone with Reliable Service (For Communication with Supervisor)
• Able to Work Independently • Organized / Professional / Responsible
• Bilingual Helpful - Spanish
• Knowledge and willingness to learn behavioral techniques or other treatments methods used for Adaptive Skills Training Great opportunity to work with an established agency as an ABA behavior therapist/teacher providing ABA therapy for the developmentally disabled within the Brentwood, Martinez and Pinole Area.
As a behavior interventionist, your duties will be to teach Adaptive Skills and ABA therapy to children and adults with developmental disabilities. You will be assigned a workload that may consist of 1 to 4 clients providing them with Adaptive Skills and ABA therapy. You will be required for setting meeting times and ensuring that allocated ABA therapy and Adaptive Skills hours are met monthly. This job will require you to travel to clients homes. Work hours are flexible as you will be the one setting your own schedule which is ideal for college students who are working towards a degree in psychology / special education / Teaching / ABA or a related field. Supervision provided by a Board Certified Behavior Analyst (BCBA)
• Assist with socialization skills, adaptive skills, use of public transportation, community orientation, self-care, meal preparation, money management, vocational exploration and social/leisure exploration. • Provide data collection according to Functional Behavior Assessment. Daily Logs and Timesheets are also required to be filled out each day worked. • Provide direct individual and group-based behavior therapy and social skills facilitation.
• Monitor and evaluate student progress and behavior as it relates to behavioral systems
• Meet and regularly communicate with parents, classroom staff and therapists on behavioral progress of students • Assist with implementing an intervention to assist students in meeting their IEP goals if applicable • Respond to inquiries and concerns which arise from parents, students, teachers, and staff. ABA Behavior Therapist / Teacher Requirements: • Bachelors Degree • Minimum 1 year experience in the field of ABA.
Sunshine Special Education Services
Santa Cruz, CA