Come and be a part of a fast paced team with a great mission in the West Valley!
Group Home Staff / Behavioral Health Technicians:
The group home staff's main responsibility is to provide support and care for the children living in the group home and to maintain a safe environment within the group home. These duties may include, but are not limited to: meal preparation, light house work, and transporting to various appointments and activities.
- As applicable; assist, teach, coach, and mentor individuals in skills of daily living to include but is not limited to: housekeeping, personal hygiene and grooming, budgeting, shopping, community activities, and community resources;
- Implement process of behavior management/crisis intervention when needed
- Observes behavior patterns of clients in order to detect signs of depression, anger, and/or other emotional and situational problems/issues and initiates proper program behavior management and intervention techniques
- As applicable; assist in the planning and preparation of menus consisting of well-balanced meals and meeting applicable diet needs as required;
- Demonstrate the ability to adhere to agency policies, licensure.
- Preparation of paperwork/documentation including: incident reports, medication logs, quality control checklist, etc.; Intermediate computer skills including the ability to input all required data;
- All other job duties as assigned;
Health, Dental and Vision policies available at 3 months.
Paid Time Off
Must be at least 21 years of age.
Must have Diploma/GED.
Must possess a valid driver's license, with no more than 2 violations within 5 years and no suspensions
Must have a level one Fingerprint Clearance Card.
Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Must have at least 1 year of experience working with children in either a group home or related setting. (CNA or Care Giving License alone does not meet this requirement.)
Must pass mandatory drug screen and background check.
Sunshine Residential Homes, Inc.
Why Work Here?Sunshine Residential Homes provides clean, safe, and structured homes for children in Arizona who are victims of abuse, abandonment, and neglect. Since 1996 Sunshine Residential Homes has offered shelter, safety, health, love and healing to over 25,000 children in Arizona in need of emergency out of home placement. We are committed to helping the children in our care to reach their greatest potential by providing educational, medical, social, emotional, spiritual and recreational enrichment opportunities.
We enrich the lives of children and are looking for qualified people to join our team. Come and be a part!!