Heavy manual labor work in the collection and disposal of refuse and recycling.
1. Functions as collector on a refuse collection crew.
2. Walks to the garbage disposal areas of commercial and residential premises.
3. Empties garbage cans into sanitation truck. Operates mechanical equipment on truck.
4. Uses pitch forks, shovels and similar hand tools to pick up general refuse and trash from curbside and other areas.
5. Performs loading, sweeping and other manual laboring tasks.
6. Rides with the truck to the disposal point and assists truck operator and dump personnel in removing garbage.
6. Cleans sanitation trucks and dumpsters.
7. Reports unsafe conditions to supervisor.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability and willingness to work constantly with unpleasant waste materials.
- Ability to read, write or otherwise communicate in English sufficiently to understand and follow directions.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or possession of an acceptable equivalency diploma is preferred.
[A comparable amount of training, education or experience may be substituted for the above minimum qualifications.]
ESSENTIAL PHYSICAL SKILLS:
- Constant lifting and carrying (up to 50 pounds.)
- Acceptable vision and hearing (with or without correction.)
- Pulling, pushing, reaching, climbing.
- Walking, standing, kneeling, bending, stooping.
- Driving and operating equipment.
- Works outside in various weather conditions.
- Exposure to dust and dirt.
- In moving objects or vehicles.
- Uneven surfaces.
- Vibration, noise.
Sunshine Enterprise USA LLC