Project Manager Business Development
Sunshine Enclosures Los Angeles, CA
- Posted: 23 days ago
- $75,000 to $100,000 Yearly (plus commission)
- Benefits: 401k, dental, medical
About the Role:
A privately-owned family company headquartered in Manhattan is looking for a smart, energetic, driven, hardworking individual that is a creative, independent thinker with excellent communication, analytical, and organizational skills with a desire to learn and grow within the cross-section of packaging and cannabis.
This role reports directly to the management team of an entrepreneurial, and family-owned packaging business that is experiencing strong growth. A desire to hustle and learn actively and quickly is essential in this role. This position requires an individual that has an extraordinary attention to detail, is able to solve practical problems, and deal simultaneously with a variety of issues and effectively juggle competing priorities while working collaboratively and independently.
The Project Manager will be responsible for the management and optimization of new projects, opportunities, and internal company Business Development directives . The key objective of this position is to improve and scale the development and production process for custom projects and client requests, follow-up with the Production team to ensure timely responsiveness, and communicate with the Sales and Account Management team.
Job Description - Responsibilities & Expectations:
· Project and time management: Manage tasks and deliverables efficiently, prioritize actions items and adapt as needed based upon changing priorities. Responsive to requests, accountable for action items and follow-up.
· Prevent and solve issues, understand and mitigate problems, recognize cause and effect relationships between functions.
· Collaborate and communicate between sales and production team to quickly execute projects and client requests.
· Track and monitor all development requests and reporting including timing and action tracking to meet target dates
· Understand and communicate the needs of clients to the production team and ensure acceptable service is provided to the Sales and Account Management team.
· Develop and maintain strong cross-functional relationships with Design, Sales, and Production
· Partner with Product Development Manager to maintain on-time development of product lines; adhere to all calendar milestones and deadlines
· Communicate frequently with overseas office to ensure timely completion and delivery of all requests
• Intelligent and driven; quick learner; curious, eager, independent, and self-motivated.
• Living in the Los Angeles area or West Coast
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
· Excellent written and oral communication skills with ability to effectively communicate well with all levels of the organization – English required.
- Ability to speak Mandarin is preferred
· 3+ years of relevant work experience in Project Management, Production/Manufacturing, or Product Development
· Prior experience communicating with colleagues outside of the USA
· Cannabis or Cosmetic Packaging experience is preferred
· Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
· Works well in fast-paced environment
· Proven ability to drive cohesion and collaboration among many different people and functions
· Adaptable / Flexible - being open to change in response to new information, different or unexpected circumstances
· Organizational skills, with ability to manage competing priorities
Ideal candidate should demonstrate a mastery in these areas:
· Project Management Software, specifically Monday.com
· Proficient in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook. Adobe Illustrator is a plus.
· Understanding of form & function through the entire supply chain and product lifecycle
Sunshine EnclosuresWhy Work Here?
Awesome opportunity to learn and grow working with young, talented people in the exciting industry of Cannabis.
A 25-year-old privately-owned family company located in Manhattan (but does business internationally) that does custom brand-building packaging for the cannabis industry. Highly reputable and respected by its customers.
7316 Santa Monica Blvd West HollywoodLos Angeles, CA