Part Time or As Needed Funeral Assistant - a funeral directors license is not required. Primary Job Functions: Assists with transferring of decedents from place of death to our facilities, this primary function requires general agility, strength to handle the decedents with care; assist with funeral services in chapel and off-site locations (carrying and moving equipment, casket and floral arrangements); Assist with operating our crematory under direct supervision of management; Availability to work weekends as needed within an adequate response time. Drive vehicles as needed (funeral coach, 1st call van, flower van, etc). Assist with the greeting of clients, families, and guests.
Individuals MUST have comprehensive knowledge of computer programs such as Microsoft word and excel, and/or the ability to learn new programs efficiently.
- The position requires the ability to do some occasional bending, pushing, pulling, and carrying objects weighing up to approximately 30 pounds for short distances and with assistance up to 75 lbs and some light housekeeping.
- Ability to travel by standard methods of transportation.
- Conservative professional dress attire.
- Possess a valid Drivers’ License and meet the driving performance standards as determined by our company.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Varying hours available. Hours are varied depending on the number of services. Hours available include Sunday through Saturday.
Thank you for your interest in joining our family in serving our local community. Each applicant should have a clean driving record and professional attire as well as be caring, compassionate, and meticulous with details.