Sunset Super Lube is looking for a person to manage our Super Lube Automotive Lube shop. We are seeking an energetic and focused individual that has an mechanical aptitude and can perform basic automotive services while delivering excellent customer service. The manager position will be expected to work on the floor providing light automotive maintenance, oil change & disposal as well as doing administrative duties such as coaching, supervising, scheduling, paperwork, inventory & cash control. Automotive and/or retail experience is preferred.
We offer a safe working environment, competitive wages, PTO, health insurance with an HSA, EAP, 401K/profit sharing, Vision and Aflac.
Our facility is open 6 days a week and we would like to see 40-50 hours per week from our manager.
Job Title: Lube Manager
Reports to: Area Manager
Purpose of job:
To manage the operations and employees of an automotive lube tech shop at a profitable level, and to service vehicles by changing oil, greasing/lubricating, and to ensure fluid levels are properly maintained on a variety of vehicles.
- Perform all duties of a lube technician
- Perform scheduling, hiring, firing, and discipline of workers.
- Analyze profit and loss statement, and contracts with vendors
- Develop relationships with customers/vendors at an outstanding level.
- Perform inventory counting/adjusting at end of month.
- Maintain all equipment in shop
- Maintain safety and maintenance logs. (need to work on logs)
- Oversees sale of services (need to create follow-up forms)
- Enforce daily/weekly/and monthly cleaning duties (need to create check-offs)
- Perform safety inspections (need to create check-offs)
- Oversee maintenance of carwash
- Oversees inventory/ ordering of carwash materials
- Attends to the entire SSM lot
- Other duties as assigned by Area Manager
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Must be able to stand on hard floor for long periods
- Must be able to work up to a 10 hours shift. Not all shifts are 10 hours shifts.
- Must be able to occasionally lift up to 50 Lbs.
- Must be able to climb a step stool or ladder
- Must be able to work overhead
- Must possess good customer relations skills and stay professional at all times
- Ability to communicate with a varied range of people
- Must have a valid and clean driver’s license
- Must be able to drive a manual transmission
- Must be able to work Saturdays
- Must have basic math and money handling skills
- Possibility of working a varied schedule
- Ability to be creative and problem solve
- 3-5 years of experience in an automobile repair or equivalent
- 2 years supervisory experience