- Posted: over a month ago
At Raleigh Enterprises we strive to nurture an internal culture of excellence based on integrity, fostering team spirit, recognizing creativity, and initiative!
The Construction Laborer works on construction projects assisting the Construction Manager, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require previous general construction experience and ability to work without close supervision by performing the following duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
- Manage and complete tasks involving your skill and experience in pickup framing, drywall, demolition, and general construction, etc.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools as directed by management to complete daily tasks.
- Clean and prepare construction sites as needed, including erecting scaffolding, removing, and properly disposing of debris and waste materials.
- Follow all safety procedures on the job site including proper headgear, earplugs, gloves, safety glasses, and clothing are worn and report violations immediately to management.
- Maintain a safe and clean job site by handling materials and storing them properly, picking up and removing all tools and equipment when not in use, and securing the job site daily.
- Load and unload construction supplies from trucks both manually and with the use of equipment.
- Report incidents immediately to Construction or Project Manager in accordance with incident reporting procedures.
- Must be able to read plans and specifications.
- Displays high level of professional integrity and ethical conduct.
- Maintain calmness and composure under high levels of pressure.
- Adapt to frequent change, fast paced environment, delays, or unexpected events.
- Demonstrates strong leadership, supervisory, organizational, and communication skills.
- Ability to be a clear thinker, analyze and resolve problems, while exercising good judgment.
- Is dependable and demonstrates an outstanding attendance record and is punctual.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Education include:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one-year general construction experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proficient English- verbal and written.
- Must have flexible work availability- all shifts, weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
First Aid/CPR certification is a plus.
Valid California Driver’s License (Class C).
Physical Requirements include:
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally move/lift up to 100 pounds
- Proof of COVID-19 vaccination, unless a medical or religious accommodation is requested.
We are an equal opportunity employer valuing diversity and inclusion. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. Please click the following to see our complete equal employment opportunity policy.
AddressLos Angeles, CA
ConstructionView all jobs at Sunset Marquis