Field Sales Consultant - Bilingual Preferred
Sunrun is the leading player in the residential solar market. We provide homeowners a cleaner more affordable source of power, and an industry leading customer experience. Sunrun offers multiple energy-saving solar solutions to the consumer, from zero down on cash and power purchase systems, to investment and battery options. Sunrun’s Field Sales Specialists are required to source and develop their own book of business, and will receive little to no Sunrun-provided leads. As a consequence, Field Sales Specialists will be eligible to earn the highest per order sales commission among their Sunrun sales peers, along with a modest base salary. In addition they will receive:
*Monthly car allowance and reimbursement for related authorized business expenses, including gas;
*Base Salary plus Uncapped Commission Eligibility
The Field Sales Specialist will report directly to their assigned Regional Sales Manager. The primary responsibility of the Field Sales Specialist is to sell Sunrun’s products and services.
- Sales Responsibilities include:
- Sourcing and developing self-generated leads and appointments with potential Sunrun customers;
- Qualifying prospects and managing sales of Sunrun’s products and services;
- Closing the sale using various customer sales methods;
- Developing “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluating their effectiveness;
- Evaluating customers skills, needs and building productive long lasting relationships;
- Scheduling and engaging with customers during in-home sales consultations,
- Providing an industry leading customer sales experience from initial contact through installation and after the customer's system is turned on;
Meet personal and team sales targets;
Research accounts and generate or follow through self-generated sales leads;
Attend sales meetings, sales events, training, and industry events to keep abreast of the latest Sunrun and industry developments;
Create, maintain, and expand customer database within your assigned sales territory;
Field Sales Specialists are required to run the Sunrun sales process consistently and in compliance with Sunrun’s policies and procedures, including but not limited to the Sunrun Sales Code of Conduct. The FSS is also required to generate a minimum of 4 new Sunrun Families from self-generated activities per month. The Regional Sales Manager will provide training and support during weekly 1 on 1’s, weekly team meetings and weekly training.
- The primary activity for all Field Sales Specialists is selling Sunrun’s products and services. Selling opportunities that most effectively lead to the Closed Sale include: Canvass to Identify & Close New Sales Opportunities:
Sunrun’s products appeal to an increasingly larger population, and canvassing is one of the fastest, ways to connect with a growing market and identify new customers for Sunrun products.
- Attend Local Events to Identify & Close New Sales Opportunities:
Field Sales Specialist can also source new customers by attending local community events and partnerships. The Regional Sales Manager will provide basic training and a personalized landing page to support self-generated sales.
- Engage in Outreach to Sunrun’s Customer Base to Develop & Close New Sales Opportunities:
On a limited basis, and with Manager oversight, Field Sales Specialists may contact Sunrun’s existing customer base to ask about the health of the customer's solar system, and earn introductions to the customers friends and neighbors.
Qualifications & Requirements:
- For Field Sales Specialists selling in CA: a CSLB License (or application pending)
- For Field Sales Specialists selling in Non-CA territories: a sales license where required (or application pending)
- Proven track record of field sales experience,
- In-home and/or solar sales experience a plus
- Facility with computer hardware and software technologies utilized by salespeople to make and close the sale, including but not limited to: laptop, cell phone, Salesforce.com or similar CRM experience, MS office, and Google applications such as Gmail, etc.
- 80% local travel, outside of an office environment, engaged in sales, within your defined region,
- Ability to operate effectively in a matrix organization with indirect accountability to multiple stakeholders
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.