Sunrun, the leading US residential solar installer, seeks passionate mission-driven individuals to introduce our solar solutions to prospective residential consumers. This field sales role offers competitive base compensation, full benefits and lucrative commissions for achieving attainable sales goals.
Our Field Sales Consultants enjoy:
- Sunrun's respected brand name as the category leader in residential solar
- A high level of professional autonomy
- Immersive training at Sunrun's Solar Academy
- A mix of self-generated and company provided sales prospects
- Popular perks, including monthly car allowance, full medical and dental benefits and a 401K with company match
This outside sales role involves frequent local travel within the region. We're looking to you to create extraordinary customer experiences by providing personalized in-home solar sales consultations. You will:
- Manage a pipeline of activity from prospect to install by following up with all leads and in-home consultations
- Meet minimum required sales targets as set by the Regional Sales Manager
- Develop self-generated leads and appointments with potential customers
- Participate in retail channel lead generation activities
- Engage in local lead generation activities as defined by the metro market
- Maintain current knowledge of Sunrun products and industry developments
We are looking for self-motivated sales professionals inspired by our mission and the opportunity to participate in a high growth emerging industry. You must be 21 years old with:
- Prior residential sales and/or B2C experience preferred
- Strong communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Adaptability to change within the fast-paced solar industry
- Ability work a "consumer-centric" work schedule, which may include nights and weekends
- Proficiency in Google Suite and CRM tools, Salesforce preferred
- A valid driver's license and ability to pass MVR requirements ongoing
- Ability to drive a vehicle during the normal course of business
- A clean driving record with the ability to pass a driving background check
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That's why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women's Network, Sunrun's Veterans Network ("Liberty"), Women in Tech, and Sunrun's LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Quick Apply Mobile Apply
Send or Refer This Job
Oops! The Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on social media
Need help finding the right job?
We can recommend jobs specifically for you!
Requisition ID 2019-14136
Position Type (Portal Searching) Regular Full-Time
Additional Locations US-CT-Connecticut