Branch Operations Coordinator
Who We Are:
If change means solving one of the biggest challenges of our time by reinventing the way people power their homes, then we say bring it on. It doesn’t hurt that we’re reducing carbon emissions, adding new jobs to the economy, and having fun while doing it.
In 2007, Sunrun co-Founders Ed Fenster and Lynn Jurich set out to make home solar mainstream. Upfront cost was a huge barrier to home solar adoption, so they invented the model now known as "solar service." Sunrun allows homeowners to pay for solar power, not the panels. This means Sunrun owns, maintains, and monitors the system while homeowners pay for the electricity it produces.
Each business day, we install $2 million worth of solar and facilitate one solar installation every 10 minutes. Our network of more than 30 leading solar installers employs more than 3,000 people.
This role is a support position within the Branch to assist with a variety of solar project, office and operational tasks. May be responsible for permit submittal and retrieval, preparing documents for construction teams, coordinating and retrieving retail payments and interfacing with building departments.
- Prepare, submit, and retrieve permit packages in accordance with jurisdictional requirements, if assigned
- Communicate with jurisdictions, the Construction Supervisor, and Engineering Team members to resolve any redline issues
- Meet with customers and discuss project details in order to provide updates and accommodate their needs
- Schedule appointments to meet customers and obtain customer signatures, final paperwork signoff and payment collection. Organize all completed paperwork, and process payments in a compliant, secure manner, if assigned.
- Prepare project documentation for construction teams
- Utilize software systems to record progress of various tasks
- Organizes office operations and procedures (office supply orders, event coordination, maintains Branch filing system, and timekeeping when applicable)
- Coordinates and maintains meeting notes and cross-functional marketing when assigned (i.e. Safety Meetings, Branch Staff Meetings, HR documents, corporate communications, etc.)
- Ensures Order Management and Accounting Departments (A/P and A/R) have necessary project details for job invoicing
- Assists the Branch Operations Manager with ad-hoc tasks when assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 2-4+ years of previous project administration or field construction experience
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Detail-oriented and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and internet use, Oracle experience a plus
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize and complete a variety of simultaneous tasks with a high level of organization
- Ability to perform normal office duties
- Ability to operate office equipment including computers and determine accuracy of work
- Ability to interact and participate in meetings
Sunrun and Sunrun Installation Services offers competitive salary and benefits.
Sunrun is proud to be an equal opportunity employer that does not tolerate discrimination and harassment of any kind. At Sunrun, we believe that empowering people and valuing their differences will help us create a planet run by the sun. That’s why we strive to make solar inclusive. Our commitment to Diversity & Inclusion drives our ability to build diverse teams and develop inclusive work environments. We do our best to make sure all people feel respected, supported and connected at work. That includes our support for members and allies of all underrepresented groups through our internal employee networks such as Sunrun Women’s Network, Sunrun’s Veterans Network (“Liberty”), Women in Tech, and Sunrun’s LGBTQ affinity group.
We are committed to equal employment opportunity without consideration of race, color, religion, ethnicity, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.