Who We Are
“Create a planet that runs on the sun.” At Sunrun, we strive to become America’s #1, 21st Century Utility Company. We provide people a choice to power their homes with direct, clean and affordable energy at a lower price than traditional fossil fuel utility monopolies. We are looking for passionate, creative and ambitious team members to join us. Bring your unique skill sets, ideas and expertise and help build this industry leading company and climate change solution of the future.
Sunrun is experiencing tremendous business growth in its Retail channel and is seeking front-line managers to lead our local retail teams.
The Retail Store Supervisor will be responsible for a retail sales production in a region and will achieve these outcomes through direct management and supervision of Retail Solar Advisors in a market. The objective of the Retail Supervisor and his/her team will be to generate and close business through the Retail channel. The Retail Supervisor may be supervising individuals who are working in several different retailers and will be expected to be the face of Sunrun leadership with each retail location’s floor and store management teams.
The Supervisor will be expected to recruit, hire, train, and performance manage employees under his/her management, as well as to ensure that both Sunrun’s and its retailer partners’ compliance expectations and service level agreements are met. The position may also include some in-field time as part of training and coaching. This individual will also be instrumental in supporting his/her employees in their professional development at Sunrun.
- Work with Human Resources and Recruiting teams to source, hire, and onboard top talent for Retail Solar Advisor roles
- Lead Retail Solar Advisors – motivate, performance manage, support with professional development opportunities
- Deliver new hire and ongoing training to team members and provide in-field coaching to increase the productivity of in-store reps
- Drive towards team lead generation and sales goals set by Retail Market Managers and Director of Retail Execution
- Daily supervision of performance of Retail Solar Advisors & Canvassers to performance goals
- Plan and coordinate staffing levels at retail locations, and optimize staffing hours and personnel
- Serve as each retail location’s main Sunrun point of contact and liaison, ensuring 100% retailer satisfaction, developing relationships with in-store management, and coordinating in-store events (training, info sessions, promotions)
- Conduct field audits to ensure compliance in-store (talk tracks, merchandising, uniforms, etc)
- Track daily, weekly, monthly results and trends and communicate effectively to leadership
- Hold weekly team meetings
- Support regional and national leadership in rolling out new processes and change management
- Operationalize productivity-enhancing plays locally and provide feedback to guide regional and national process improvement efforts
- Four year college degree required
- 3+ years prior experience in a quota-driven sales position highly preferred
- 2+ years in people management highly preferred, with proven record of meeting team performance standards
- Retail and/or consumer sales experience highly preferred
- Prior experience with lead generation preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient with email, Excel, Word and CRM tools (Salesforce)
- Experience with recruiting and people management platforms preferred but not mandatory
- Strong interpersonal skills, with proven ability to create a positive team environment
- Ability to travel throughout Long Island, principally Suffolk County
Generous base salary plus bonus
Friendly, fun, high-energy work culture
Medical (including PPO, HMO, and HSA options), dental and vision coverage
Attractive paid time off and holiday pay, and 401(k) savings plan
Opportunity to work for a company that is changing the world for the better!
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.