The Retail Solar Advisor is the brand ambassador and first point of contact for customers. It takes resilience, people skills, self‐motivation and teamwork to be successful. With sales and product training, you will educate potential customers about our services, qualify homes for solar and schedule in‐home consultations with your teammate counterpart, Solar Consultant.
- Professionally represent Sunrun as an ambassador to our vision, driving increased solar awareness
- Engage customers in retail locations, offering them Sunrun’s solar service solutions
- Meet team and individual sales goals set each month
- Collaborate with Retail Solar Consultants to help them qualify leads, design systems, and close deals
- Develop and nurture relationships with retail store management at a local level
- 1 year prior experience in a quota-driven sales position highly preferred
- Proficient with email, MS Office, and CRM tools
- Flexible working weekends, evenings and some holiday shifts
- 2 years sales experience or 2 years customer service experience – high customer interaction (indoor, outdoor or retail) preferred
- Driven to provide a great customer experience, in all the right ways
- Self-starter, integrity, passionate, high energy, people skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Generous hourly rate plus no cap on commissions (OTE $50k-$70k)
- Paid sales and marketing training
- Friendly, fun, high-energy work culture
- Medical (including PPO, HMO, and HSA options), dental and vision coverage
- Attractive paid time off and holiday pay, and 401(k) savings plan
- Opportunity to work for a company that is changing the world for the better!
Working Conditions and Physical Demands
- This position involves constant standing and moving in a retail environment. It requires standing in one location for the entire shift, except during meal and rest periods. Occasional lifting up to 30 pounds, reaching, stooping, and kneeling are also required.
This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Sunrun Inc. and its subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration to race, color, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.