Solar Development Engineer
- Posted: over a month ago
Sunrock Distributed Generation partners with solar developers and installers to acquire, originate, and finance commercial solar and storage assets at various stages of development. Sunrock Distributed Generation develops and owns distributed generation assets across the U.S. to help commercial property owners of all sizes reduce energy bills, enhance resiliency and decarbonize. Through unique underwriting strategies, aggregation and diversification, we enable massive capital flows into smaller scale, higher-yield projects.
Greenbacker Development Opportunities Fund I, L.P. (“GDEV”) has partnered with Sunrock to jointly build out a commercial solar / storage aggregation platform. Greenbacker has deployed approximately $1.9 Bn in capital in sustainable infrastructure investments, acquiring, constructing and operating over 2.6GW renewable energy assets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Development Engineer will be responsible for managing the technical evaluation and diligence for new opportunities and the eventual design and permitting of distributed generation solar systems, battery systems and as directed on other distributed energy and efficiency projects.
- The Development Engineer is responsible for identifying the most appropriate technical and material solutions or other variables to optimize the system proposals. Deliverables such as confirmation of equipment specifications, concept design drawings, site evaluations, interconnection and single line diagrams, and other supporting detail as required will be managed by this position. This position will also work with internal resources, sub-contracting Professional Engineers, the Customer, and local regulatory entities to create a design that meets the requirements of all stake holders.
- Attend site qualification visits to collect information required to complete the proposal process, design and permitting of the required energy systems.
- Perform technical due diligence for RFPs or similar as required by official response documents. Verify or identify key requirements, to provide most appropriate solution or response.
- Utilize modeling tools such as production estimating tools (PVSyst), and/or material optimizing methods to validate most appropriate design and material solutions. Work with other departments to provide best estimating and modeling information.
- Coordinate with and manage detailed design activities from professionally licensed engineering support.
- Provide technical support and deliverables for utility specific interconnection applications and approvals, rebate applications, performance validation models or any other technical support for commercial operation.
- Be a thought leader, be able to develop themes and present them to internal stakeholders
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering (Electrical or Mechanical Engineering degree is preferred) and/or a combination of equivalent education and equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years’ experience serving in similar capacity and demonstration of performing design and development for PV or other types of distributed energy projects. Knowledge of the development of customer proposals, vendor agreements, and subcontractor contracts.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, PVSyst & Helioscope preferred
- Effective in customer presentations, including excellent writing skills.
- Effective interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills to manage the activities required in the design and permitting of energy systems.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office programs, specifically Word and Excel.
- If required, must meet eligibility requirements for access to government facilities, may be subject to government security
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time remote position, with occasional in-person team meetings in New York and Baltimore.
Powered by JazzHR
Sunrock Distributed Generation
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?