- Temperance, MI (prefer to hire within 150 miles radius) and nbsp;
Windows and Patio Doors- USA
- Position Type: Company Driver and nbsp;
- Type of Run: Regional but runs approximately 1000 - 1500, 1800 miles at most from terminal
- Haul Type: Dry Van, Hauling construction materials and windows
- Pay: Weekly Pay, Salary- Hourly Pay Rate at $22/hr - 25/hr and OT after 40 - 1x 1/2.
- Overnights in hotels paid by us with meals included. and nbsp;Yearly average is $60 - $90K/year depending on your route and miles
- Bonuses: $5000 Sign-on Bonus paid out in 30 and 90 days
- Employment Type: Full-time, W2
- Benefits: Medical, Dental, Vision and more
- Day Cab Automatic trucks - Penske full service leases - pre pass enabled in truck and tolls paid
- We provide and pay for a cell phone or reimbursed if and nbsp;you provide your own
License: CDL A
Minimum Age: 22
Minimum Experience: 2 years
Endorsements Required: None
This position is responsible for delivering windows to customer locations and presenting a positive image of the company to all customers, both internal and external. Truck Drivers will safely drive the trucks to each destination as determined by the Traffic Supervisor or the Driver Manifest, unload the windows into the specified locations, and help with answering any questions that the customers may have. Drivers are expected to make independent decisions within specific parameters while receiving some to moderate oversight from the Fleet Supervisor.
Essential Duties and amp; Responsibilities include the following. (Other duties may be assigned.)
Safely drive a commercial truck/trailer or straight truck to multiple customer locations to make deliveries.
Unload windows by hand (not forklift) that are loaded in the truck and place them in customer warehouses/storage areas.
Comply with all FMCSA rules and regulations.
Make every effort to maintain the established delivery schedule for a route.
Ensure effective and amp; positive communications with both internal and external customers.
Maintain accurate expense reports and records and handle company funds appropriately and wisely.
Keep equipment clean and in safe and amp; working order.
Comply with Truck Driver Expectations as outlined by Sunrise.
Attend quarterly driver meetings.
The physical requirements of this job are:
Must be able to lift and move windows weighing up to 75 lb. unassisted repeatedly when unloading, and sometimes up to 125 lb. with some assistance.
Education and amp; Experience Requirements and amp; Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED Certification required
Must possess a valid Commercial Driver License (CDL)- Class A required
Minimum 2 years experience driving with no violations during that year and must have handled freight or
3 years experience driving tractor/trailer combination with no freight handling, 5 yrs preferred
Clean driving record required (4 points or less and amp; zero and quot;Serious Violations and quot; as defined by the DOT) and amp; must be insurable by the company insurance carrier
Must pass DOT physical and amp; drug and/or breath alcohol tests as required
Demonstrated ability to safely drive in adverse weather conditions.
**This position will be employed through All Pro Freight Services as part of the dedicated fleet team that services Sunrise Windows.