If you are interested, Please send an updated resume to Anant.K@sunrisesys.com or Banu.P@sunrisesys.com.
Position Title: Thermal & Fluid Science Test Engineer
Applies specialized knowledge of engineering principles and practices across various areas and projects in one or more of the following areas: combustion/performance/emissions, cool/lube/fuel systems, air handling, system integration, after treatment integration, after treatment integration, cycle simulation, vehicle system simulation, combustion system simulation, flow simulation, filtration, or after treatment simulation.
This laboratory test focused position designs or specifies test systems that allow operation of products in a laboratory environment for engineering evaluation to optimize our product designs. This position also involves the specification, design, implementation, validation, and support of test systems including mechanical, electrical, plumbing, instrumentation, data acquisition, and control systems.
* Investigates product test system and process problems, understands causal mechanisms, recommends appropriate action, owns problem resolution, and documents results with guidance from more experienced team members.
* Applies and supports the improvement of processes such as test system specification, design and validation and tools such as FMEA, 7-step problem solving, and process hazard analysis, required to support the processes and enable high-quality decision making.
* Obtains input and negotiates with lab customers, lab technicians, and component suppliers and delivers test system requirements, processes, and instructions to lab technicians, product functional test engineers, and equipment suppliers.
* Makes decisions in the areas of component selection, calibration processes, and operating processes that impact test equipment accuracy, reliability, and operating cost.
* Owns problem resolution for moderately complex components, products, systems, subsystems or services with a greater degree of technical complexity and ambiguity over the entry-level engineer level and with greater accountability to the project team.
* Provides independent execution of established work processes and systems, while still developing technology or product knowledge; engages with the improvement of systems and processes.
* Involves minimal direct management of people, but could involve the coordination and direction of work amongst technicians and/or temporary student employees.
* Contributes effectively toward team goals, exhibits influence within a workgroup, and continues to develop proficiency in the competency areas critical to success in the role.
* Provides technical direction for a project or a project team.
o Participates as a key contributor and is accountable for project success.
o Provides input on program-related decisions.
o Proposes innovative initiatives and projects.
o Demonstrates depth of knowledge of engineering discipline(s) and leverages expertise on other projects.
o Troubleshoots complex problems and recommends appropriate actions.
Position Requirements, Qualifications & Competencies:
* While candidates with Bachelor's degrees are preferred – the manager is more concerned about finding candidates with the needed applicable experience.
* Manager is seeking candidates with a minimum of 4 – 7 years’ relevant working experience. Experience as it relates to testing engines, test engineering, thermal testing, etc. Responsibility for several components of a project or a complex component of a project. Experience with lab or dynamometer engine testing preferred.
o Candidates with experience only as it relate to college projects, classes, internships/co-ops, etc. are not a fit for this opening. Candidates need to have actual “boots on the ground”, hands-on working experience in a role like or similar to this.
* Fundamentals of thermal and fluid sciences, and/or physical chemistry - Specialized knowledge in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion, and/or physical chemistry. This knowledge includes both analytical and experimental applications. Ability to apply this knowledge to areas such as engines, after-treatment systems, fuel systems, air handling systems, power generation, and filtration systems.
* Data Quality - Identifies, understands, and corrects flaws in data that supports effective information governance across operational business processes and decision making.
* Energy conversion systems knowledge - Strong energy conversion systems knowledge. Energy conversion systems knowledge includes an understanding of the working principles of power generation, including engines and systems related to engines, such as after-treatment systems, air handling systems, fuel systems, and filtration systems.
* Thermal and fluid science specialty of interest - Specialized knowledge in a specialty of interest in the areas of thermodynamics, fluid mechanics, combustion, and/or physical chemistry. This area is a very broad, requiring focus on a subset within thermal and fluid sciences, with more detailed knowledge and the ability to apply this knowledge to the specific area of interest.
* Product Problem Solving - Solves product problems using a process that protects the customer; determines the assignable cause; implements robust, data-based solutions; and identifies the systemic root causes and recommended actions to prevent problem reoccurrence.
* Drives results - Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
Communication and teamwork skills - Cooperates with others, fully contributes to achieving the team goal.
Sunrise Systems Inc
Why Work Here?Founded in 1990, Sunrise Systems is an award winning IT/Professional Staffing firm to Fortune 500 and State/Local Government Agencies.
Founded in 1990, Sunrise Systems is an award winning IT/Professional Staffing firm to Fortune 500 and State/Local Government Agencies.