Please send an updated resume to Anant.K@sunrisesys.com
Position Title: Safety Engineer
Assists with the application and use of engineering controls to control hazards and reduce risks in the facility or site.
* Accountable of the implementation of HSE programs and continuous improvement in the area of responsibility.
* Lead multifunctional teams to achieve HSE goals and programs.
* Communication – listening skills: engage with employees at all levels providing HSE coaching, capturing feedback and executing improvements.
* Engage with Corporate, external stakeholders and suppliers and drive execution of external requirements.
* Timely execution and control of budget.
* Ability to identify improvement opportunities and pursue execution.
* Strong problem-solving skills.
* Development: self-development by continuously identify opportunities of improvement.
* Provide training to other members of the organization or other stakeholders.
* Reports to the Plant HSE Leader.
* Helps to anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
* Develops basic hazard control designs, methods, procedures and programs.
* Administers and communicates hazard control programs.
* Interprets and applies internal and external standards in support of hazard reduction and compliance.
* Manager is seeking candidates with Bachelors' Degrees
* Seeking candidates with at least 4 years' applicable working experience in this field.
Manager is seeking candidates with more experience as it relates to safety vs. environmental
* HSE Management Systems experience required
* Candidates must also have experience managing projects
* Selected hire needs to have experience with and be comfortable working out on the manufacturing floor. Approximately 70% of their time will be spent out on the floor, the other 30% will be spent in the office.
* MS Office proficiency in Excel and PowerPoint required
* Hazard Identification Risk Assessment (HIRA): Evaluates hazards within the work environment by applying hazard identification and risk assessment techniques to analyze and prioritize risk, enabling a selection of control measures that reduce risk as low as reasonably practicable.
* Health, Safety and Environment Management Systems: Interprets and applies international standards through practical application within the operating environment to achieve and maintain an effective management system and external certification.
* Health, Safety and Environment Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis: Examines HSE incidents by completing quality, evidence-based investigations with accurate root cause analysis, resulting in effective corrective actions, accurate reporting and avoiding repeated incidents.
* Health and Safety Fundamentals: Champions and models proactive health and safety behaviors by identifying, reporting and participating in actions to improve health and safety in order to build an interdependent culture and contribute to an injury-free workplace.
* Ergonomic Fundamentals: Understands ergonomic concepts by applying ergonomic standards, guidelines, controls and tools to reduce ergonomic risk to employees while at work.
* Implementation of Risk Controls: Selects and implements risk control methods by utilizing the hierarchy of controls to implement sustainable control measures in order to protect people by reducing overall risks to as low as reasonably practicable.
* Ergonomics Process and Workplace Design: Designs, creates or adapts processes and workstations by implementing ergonomic controls through the application of the ergonomic design guidelines to reduce risk and deliver ergonomically designed work.
* Management of Health, Safety and Environmental Regulatory Compliance: Identifies, interprets and manages legal and other requirements by implementing controls, monitoring and reporting on operational performance to ensure compliance with health, safety and environmental related regulations and standards.
* Industrial Hygiene Management: Designs and executes an industrial hygiene program by managing workplace exposure risks and implementing controls using preferred methodology and industry best practice to meet regulatory obligations and further reduce risk as low as reasonably practical to protect employee health.
* Plans and aligns: Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
* Customer focus: Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
* Training Delivery: Instructs learners in a manner that engages and adjusts to individual and group needs resulting in knowledge, skills and abilities that can be applied on the job.
Sunrise Systems Inc
Why Work Here?Founded in 1990, Sunrise Systems is an award winning IT/Professional Staffing firm to Fortune 500 and State/Local Government Agencies.
Founded in 1990, Sunrise Systems is an award winning IT/Professional Staffing firm to Fortune 500 and State/Local Government Agencies.