Sr. Business Analyst
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Serves as a liaison between the business community and the IT organization in order to gather business requirements and translate them to the technical community to meet user needs. Works closely with Quality Analysts to translate business requirements to test scripts. Possesses expertise in the business unit(s) they support, as well as, an understanding of the IT organization's systems and capabilities.
Assists in the business process redesign and documentation as needed for new technology. Translates high-level business requirements into functional specifications for the IT organization and manages changes to such specifications in accordance with the client and/or industry standards and processes. Educates the IT organization on the direction of the business.
Negotiates agreements and commitments by facilitating communication between business unit(s) and IT from initial requirements to final implementation. Responsible for eliciting functional, data, operational, and usability requirements from Business Users, documenting them per standards client's processes, and assisting the technical team in their interpretation for implementation. The Business Analyst must ensure that the system is specified to the satisfaction of both the business and technical communities.
Responsible for reviewing test cases written by the SIT team to ensure that they are creating test cases per the requirements.
In addition, the successful candidate:
· Will have the ability to understand the interactions between the application supported and interfacing and dependent applications.
· Complete all tasks involved in testing items included in the ACES 2.0 Releases. This includes reviewing test scenarios, clarifying questions and production move-up checkout.
· Support implementation of new workflows for Application Development and Maintenance.
· Complete all project and/or release deliverables according to "agreed to” predetermined dates.
· Will demonstrate the ability to understand Insurance workflow and application processes. Will also rapidly understand the lines of business supported by the ACES 2.0 application and the varying needs of each. Must be confident in own knowledge to ask probing questions to ensure adequate comprehension of the business requirement.
· Will have an understanding of GUI design principles for web application front ends.
· Will have an understanding of various print architectures and work with businesses to identify form changes for new and existing forms. Will work with XPressions Team to provide solutions to support business needs.
· Must be able to work on multiple projects simultaneously and manage time effectively.
· Ability to work with an offshore vendor model and adjust working schedules as needed.
Desired Qualifications Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business Administration, or other related fields. Or equivalent work experience. Typically has 5-10 years of relevant technical or business work experience. Ability to negotiate specs. Illustrates a clear understanding of business process disciplines. Insurance and PMO knowledge/experience a plus. Working knowledge of Forms generation tools such as xPressions a plus. Prior working experience with an offshore vendor model a plus. Critical Skills Adaptability- Agility. Responds well to change. Handles multiple demands/priorities effectively. Adapts to best fit with the situation at hand. Handles conflict effectively. Collaborates. Develops new skills quickly. Willing to accept new responsibilities. Takes initiative & accountability. IT Methodologies. Good organizational skills. Has experience managing projects and staff. Advanced technical skills or specialized knowledge. Analyzes tasks, dependencies, and resource needs. Business Knowledge. Learning Oriented. Comes up with solutions. Understands the fundamentals of insurance, IT best practices, and technology. Understands business processes and process improvement. Connects business problems to technical solutions. Validates that solutions achieve the desired business results. Deliverables Management. Matches business requirements to deliverables. Understands & meets deadlines. Holds others accountable. Proactive identification and management of risk. Manages multiple workstreams. Works effectively across multiple groups (both internal and external). Has experience managing scope and change control. Communication. Communicates effectively both written and oral. Responds to customers appropriately, timely, and accurately. Manages relationships effectively. Influences others. Transfers knowledge to others. Has experience working with multi-vendor projects and related communications challenges.
Sunrise Systems Inc
BusinessView all jobs at Sunrise Systems Inc