Sunrise System Inc. is currently looking for Mechanical Designer (Creo) in Dublin, CA with one of our top client.
Job Title: Mechanical Designer (Creo)
Job Id: 20-01955
Location: Dublin, CA 94568
Duration: 3 months
Position Type: Hourly contract Position (W2 only)
- As an experienced mechanical designer, this person will develop fixtures & documentation for use in medical device production.
- This person will coordinate with other designers, technicians, assemblers, engineers, and outside suppliers to get fixtures and processes up and running.
- This person will use solid modeling and drafting skills to develop detailed engineering drawings. He/she will have used hands-on skills to build and test the fixture prototypes.
- This detail-oriented person will use organization skills to plan their work and meet critical deadlines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following (other duties may be assigned)
- Designs fixtures in Creo under the direction of engineers and senior designers
- Orders 3D printed fixture components
- Develops a complete engineering drawing package for the fixtures using drafting skills
- Writes work instructions that involve using the designed fixture
- Develops and submits ECO's
- Coordinates with other designers, technicians, engineers, assemblers, and outside suppliers.
- Assembles, tests, and prototypes fixtures
- Investigates manufacturing processes and interviews assemblers to improve fixtures
- 5-10 years of mechanical designer experience
- At least 3 years of recent Creo experience
- Experience with doc control systems like Arena or Wind chill
- Mechanical drafting Skills
- Special creativity
- Hands-on experience with fixtures and shop tools
- Prototyping experience
- Familiar with Word & Excel
- Technical writing skills
- BS in Mech Engineering is desirable, but not absolutely necessary.
- Assembly experience or experience working with fixtures.
- Experienced in manufacturing and/or bringing new electro-mechanical products into production.
- Excellent communication and organization skills, with an analytical and problem-solving mindset.
- Ability to multi-task and complete multiple projects on time.
- Familiarity with Installation Qualification.
- Experience with manufacturing electro-mechanical devices.
- Medical device experience preferred.
Language and Verbal Skills
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering specifications, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, specifications, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and customers.
- Ability to clearly and concisely convey project accomplishments, obstacles, issues, and project status.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in complicated, advanced engineering or mathematical formats.
- The physical demands and work environment described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, stand, walk, talk and hear; up to 8 hours per day.
- The employee is regularly required to lift and carry up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds.
- Duties also involve daily keyboard data entry.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision.
- Most work is performed in an office-like setting.
- The noise level in the environment is usually low to moderate.
- Requires regular presence in a (clinical or engineering or animal) laboratory setting where protective equipment or other health and safety measures and training are required to protect against chemical, biological or other hazards. Noise levels may be high.
- Client is committed to the health and safety of our employees.
- We expect that all employees will perform their responsibilities while maintaining a safe, cooperative, and productive work environment, thus ensuring the health and safety of themselves and others.
Direct: (732) 272 0298 | Email: Abdul.A@sunrisesys.com
Direct: (732) 272 0265 | Michael@sunrisesys.com