Sunrise System Inc. is currently looking for LTS Scientist in Irvine, CA with one of our top client.
Job Title: LTS Scientist
Job Id: 19-11596
Location: Irvine, CA 92612
Duration: 10 months
Position Type: Hourly contract Position (W2 only)
- The ideal candidate can generate testable hypotheses around research questions, develop a research plan, prepare animal use protocols, and be responsible for carrying out experiments of high complexity with minimal supervision.
- The Scientist also collaborates with peers in multi-discipline programs or project teams.
- The Scientist will work in an ocular therapeutics team to evaluate devices, Client drug delivery systems or Client formulations for efficacy in translatable large animal models of retinal and optic nerve diseases with clinically-relevant endpoints.
- Familiarity with ocular disease is desirable. Familiarity with behavioural evaluation techniques is also desirable.
- The Scientist will assist in developing plans and executing experiments. The individual in this role will provide summaries of research for internal review (e.g., data generation, analytics, and reports).
- This individual conforms with and enforces safety regulations and maintains appropriate records; contributes to the overall safety and efficient operation of the laboratory.
- Education: Masters or bachelor's degree in biology or related field, plus relevant experience of one to three years.
- Experience with large animal models as described above.
- Experience collecting and interpreting behavioural data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and oral.
- Minimum proficiency with routine skills in the use of computers and commonly available graphics (e.g., Adobe Photoshop), spreadsheet (e.g., Microsoft Excel) and word processing (e.g., Microsoft Word), or presentation (e.g., PowerPoint) software.
Strongly preferred attributes
- Basic ophthalmological proficiency (e.g., slit lamp bio microscopy, ophthalmoscopy, OCT, refraction, retinoscopy, auto fluorescence, fluorescence angiography, image interpretation, intraocular injections, tissue dissection, vitrectomy, lensectomy ophthalmic lasers).
- Use of ophthalmoscopic imaging technologies: E.g., digital fundus camera (conventional and high speed), gonioscope, specular microscope, refractometer, pupilometer, IOP tonometer, ocular fluorophotometer, conventional light and epifluorescence microscopes.
- Administration of routine anaesthetic protocols and animal maintenance for non-terminal experiments.
Direct: (732) 272 0347| Email: Rahul.R@sunrisesys.com
Direct: (732) 272 0265 | Michael@sunrisesys.com