Accounts Receivable Clerk (Full time)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Full time/Direct Hire
Secaucus NJ Onsite
The Accounts Receivable Clerk works closely with all accounting personnel to ensure accounting functions are completed for clients. The Accounts Receivable Clerk performs day to day processing of financial transactions as well as issuing, verifying, and submitting invoices to customers.
- Reviews sales orders against customer purchase orders before shipments being released
- Handles invoice submissions via email, customer web portals, or via EDI transmission
- Processes and verifies applications for credit and solicits payment on overdue accounts.
- Assists the Controller in interpreting and resolving accounts receivable problems with clients.
- Maintains accurate customer files including keeping records of all delinquent accounts, incomplete files, name changes, address changes and credit risks and relaying this information to the appropriate personnel.
- Assists in research of customer discrepancies, deviation from payment plans, and keeping accounts receivable system as clean as possible.
- Responds to customer’s email inquires and resolves pending issues in a timely manner.
- Upon request, provides special reports reflecting current status of customer accounts.
- Verifies deposits and posts to accounts receivable subledger.
- Prepares vouchers and special information on appropriate invoices.
- Duplicates, files, and retrieves accounts receivable material as needed.
- Assists the Controller in monthly reconciliation of revenue accounts.
Knowledge and skills:
- MS office – Word and Excel
- Knowledge of SAP ERP accounting systems preferred
- General knowledge of accounting and/or business operations
- Strong analytical and problem-solving ability
- Highly detailed planning and organization ability, multitask, set own priorities, and adapt to a changing environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Excellent social, customer service and commercial skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Business-related field a plus.
- 2-5 years of experience in accounting/finance, and/or business operation.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
Sunrise Systems Inc
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Sunrise Systems Inc
Get fresh Account Receivable Clerk jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.