MOHS Laboratory Technician
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are seeking a MOHS Laboratory Technician to join our team at our Daphne location! Lab technicians perform technical laboratory tests to assist in processing tissue of surgical specimens to obtain data for diagnosis and treatment of disease, using knowledge of medical laboratory techniques, procedures and equipment. Prepares tissue specimens by treating with chemical, slicing and mounting on glass slides for examination and analysis. This includes grossing in tissue and preparing frozen sections for MOHS along with some immunization techniques. Must be able to work 7am-3:30pm Mon- Fri. Must be willing to train in our Mobile, AL office for minimum of 6 months and work at both company locations as needed.
- Prepare samples for routine testing and analysis
- Properly record results for further analysis and easy reference
- Monitor inventory samples and supplies
- Maintain a clean work environment
- Work under the supervision of a MOHS surgeon
- Must have a Bachelors degree in a science (natural science) related field (Biology, Chemistry, or Health Sciences , etc..)
- Familiarity with common medical terminology
- Experience in a CLIA certified laboratory setting
- 1-2 years experience in skin pathology or as a histotechnician (Preferred)
- Strong organizational and communication skills
HealthcareView all jobs at SUNRISE DERMATOLOGY