Maintenance Tech LA (Remote)
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sunquest Properties is looking for an Maintenance/Make Ready Tech
We offer competitive pay and great benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Other benefits offered are long-term and short-term disabilities, accidental death, dismemberment, and critical illness as well as paid time off and continuing training.
Property Manager or Maintenance Supervisor
Non -Exempt - eligible for overtime
Maintenance/Make Ready Tech is responsible for helping to maintain the entire property in an attractive, comfortable condition. This includes but is not limited to assisting in trash pickup on the property, completing the make-readies of vacant units, all HVAC issues, handling on call if necessary to handle emergency maintenance and helping with resident functions if requested.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete vacant units to make ready status according to established procedures.
- Assist with the repair of appliances, as requested.
- Assist with the repair of general plumbing and basic electrical needs of the property to include replacing/fixing toilets, light switches, garbage disposals, ceiling fans, etc.
- Rekey locks, as requested.
- Assists in maintaining inventory of tools, equipment and supplies, reports to manager when items need reordering.
- Replace burned out light bulbs, broken globes, etc., in units and throughout the exterior of the property, as needed.
- Performs corrective maintenance as directed.
- Observes condition of apartment and reports any unusual circumstances (Size/number of pets, unauthorized occupants, illegal activity, etc.)
- Observes condition of property in general and reports any unusual circumstances.
- Makes regular inspection of the grounds, buildings, plumbing, electrical fixtures, appliances and major equipment, as directed.
- Should be familiar with location of power, water and gas turnoff valves, clean-out traps, fire extinguishers and fire hydrants on the property.
- Enters occupied apartments to perform necessary repairs when directed by management.
- Notifies Property Manager regarding any supplies necessary to complete service requests.
- Attends training seminars, as requested.
- Wears company uniform during work hours and when on call.
- Ensure all interior and exterior repairs to maintain apartments, common areas, buildings and grounds are completed according to established procedures. Cleans up thoroughly after performing work.
- Perform grounds maintenance ensuring high level curb appeal.
- Ensure that all Federal, State and County Health and Safety Codes, Laws, and Standards are adhered to.
- Perform pool cleaning daily, maintain pool chemical log and ensure property chemical balance, if applicable.
- Maintain maintenance shop in a neat and orderly manner at all times.
- Participate in resident retention activities.
- Understand and adhere to all Fair Housing laws.
- Adhere to established Sunquest Properties’ emergency policies and procedures.
- Attend staff meetings and assigned training.
- Maintain professional appearance and conduct at all times.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- HVAC Certified Preferred but not required
- Above average written and oral communications skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Uses good safety habits at all times.
- Neat, clean appearance.
- Works well with others
- Needs to be thorough, reliable, responsible, honest, organized, flexible and be service-oriented.
- Possesses basic knowledge of the following:
- Electrical systems
- Plumbing systems
- Painting procedures
- Prior apartment maintenance experience preferred but not required.
Full time hours. Must be available some weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
- Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to inspect competitive apartment communities and surrounding neighborhood, supply runs, Regional meetings, etc.
- Occasional use of golf cart may be necessary.
- Must have valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
In order to achieve success, the Sunquest team must embrace certain core principles and values.
- Tenacity & Enthusiasm
- Attendance is an imperative job function.
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules, and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook, or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
- Frequent lifting, carrying, pushing or pulling 20-50 lbs and constantly moving furniture, appliances and heavy machinery correctly and safely.
- Frequent climbing – ascending/descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in addition to using feet, legs, hands and/or arms.
- Body agility is important.
- Ability to maintain equilibrium is also important to prevent falling from high places or when walking, standing or crouching.
- Stooping – downward and forward by bending legs and spine at the waist, requiring full use of the lower extremities and back muscles.
- Frequent kneeling and bending legs at the knees to come to rest on one or both knees.
- Frequent crouching downward and forward by bending legs and back/spine.
- Frequent reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction.
- Frequent handling of various sizes and weights of items. Needs the ability to seize, hold, grasp turn or otherwise work with one or both hands. Fingers are involved only to the extent that they are an extension of the hands, such as to turn a switch or replace a light bulb.
HVAC/EPA preferred but not required
Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal history background check prior to employment with Sunquest Properties, Inc.
Sunquest Properties Inc
Get fresh Maintenance Technologist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.