AFFORDABLE PROPERTY MANAGER (Remote)
Sunquest Properties is looking for a full-time Property Manager in the Ferriday, Jonesville, Sicily Island, and Winser areas. Experience in RD, HUD, Tax Credit, and Blended properties is preferred but not required.
We offer competitive pay and great benefits. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, and life insurance. Other benefits offered are long-term and short-term disabilities, accidental death, dismemberment, and critical illness as well as paid time off and continuing training.
Regional Property Manager or District Manager
Non-Exempt - eligible for overtime
The Property Manager is accountable for all community operations. The purpose of the Property Manager is to effectively manage and coordinate persons, activities, and available resources to accomplish community objectives as set forth by the Regional Property Manager and property owner. These objectives will include maximizing occupancy levels and community values. In addition, the Property Manager will train the assistant manager, if applicable, to assume all managerial duties in the event of Manager’s absence.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Conduct all business in accordance with Sunquest Properties’ policies and procedures, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other Federal and State laws.
- In conjunction with the RPM, the Property Manager will assist in the formulation of budgets for each upcoming calendar year. The Property Manager is responsible for staying within the established budget guidelines throughout the year.
- Actively maintain and report monthly variances and narratives.
- Ensures that all rents are collected when due, and posted in a timely manner. Makes sure that all bank deposits are made immediately.
- Performs evictions and utility cut-offs.
- Maintains constant vendor/contractor communications concerning work scheduling, billings, vendor relations, and certificates of insurance. The Property Manager is responsible for approving and submitting all invoices to the corporate office for payment.
- Makes rental rate recommendations to Regional Property Manager.
- Trains, motivates and supervises all on-site staff in order to achieve the operational goals of the assigned community. This includes new employee orientation and training, ongoing formal and informal performance evaluation, review and approval of timesheets, and instructing and advising on-site staff of employee procedures and guidelines.
- Provides comprehensive feedback to non-performing employees. Facilitates disciplinary procedures and documentation up to and including terminations of employment if necessary.
- Conducts ongoing training with office staff; e.g., leasing paperwork, workplace safety, and any other type of training that may be needed daily.
- Reports all liability and community incidents to the corporate office immediately. Ensures that all workers’ compensation claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- Property manager will complete any pertinent safety checklists with maintenance staff.
- Ensure that all files are in compliance with LIHTC, HUD, or RD guidelines as applicable for the property and work closely with the compliance department. This includes keeping files in the 6 tab orders after sending them to compliance for review and filing in an organized manner. Ensure that you are using up-to-date forms at all times as sent out from compliance.
- Prepare for and attend all scheduled inspections for all reporting agencies, including, but not limited to LIHTC, MOR, REAC, and all meetings with investing agents.
- Keep Real Page systems updated with current leasing, financial, and compliance information.
- Ensures that lease files are complete and that completion of leases is being executed properly. Approves in writing all leases on the property. Keep up-to-date letters of recertification (120, 90, 60, and 30) and send them out in a timely and regular fashion. Verify all income, assets, and expenses as required by federal and state guidelines and process all rental agreements accordingly. Complete all interims, if applicable, in a timely manner as required by guidelines. Ensure that any rent increase is accompanied by a 30-day notice of rent increase. Ensure that all information in the file matches the information that is sent to compliance and is recorded in Real Page in regards to vouchers, RD assistance, or any other rental agreements.
- Complete corrections promptly (30 days or less).
- HUD properties adhere to all EIV requirements including securing confidential items in locking filing cabinets and storing EIV reports for residents in files enveloping marked EIV CONFIDENTIAL. In addition, complete yearly EIV training in cooperation with the compliance department. Follow up on any EIV discrepancies and work closely with compliance in collecting any owed debt. Run all EIV reports as required by compliance in the time allotted – do not miss EIV deadlines.
- Resident move-outs and move-ins must be accompanied by an accurate inspection and all paperwork that applies to the file. All Move-Outs are stored for 5 years and then shredded.
- Responsible for office opening on schedule, condition of office, and model/show apartment (if applicable).
- Attends scheduled management meetings with Regional Property Manager, usually held every quarter at the location specified by the Regional Property Manager.
- Maintains records on all aspects of management activity on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis. Submits required reports to corporate offices on a weekly and monthly basis.
- Maintain a positive customer service attitude.
- Periodic inspection with resident move-in/move-outs.
- Review all notices to vacate to determine the cause of the move-out.
- Initiate and implement policies/procedures to maintain resident communications; e.g., complaints, service requests, etc.
- periodic inspection with resident move-in/move-outs as required for compliance guidelines.
- Physically walk and inspect the community on a regular basis; check on vacant apartments.
- Updates Real Page software indicating vacancy status daily. Coordinates with maintenance and make-ready staff to ensure the timely condition of apartments after move-out.
- Work closely with Maintenance Supervisor to monitor and schedule all maintenance activity.
- Answer after-hours calls to determine whether an emergency needs to be attended to and send on-call maintenance.
- Conduct market surveys quarterly and provide trend report information. Shop competition and be aware of neighborhood market conditions.
- Welcome and show community to prospective new residents. Also, handle incoming phone calls from prospective new residents and complete appropriate paperwork.
- Maintains awareness of market/industry conditions and trends via trade publications, professional organizations, and community involvement.
- Accept applications in accordance with fair housing guidelines, keep waiting lists updated and file all rejected applications as required by compliance. All applications must also include a landlord verification.
- Position prefers 3 years of experience in on-site property management; 1 as a property manager.
- Must have a background in supervision and a successful track record of accomplishments.
- Real Page/Onesite experience is preferred. (Must be proficient with a calculator, Excel)
- Would like to have the following designation for the property type but not required:
- Conventional Property – Certified Apartment Manager (CAM®)
- Tax Credit Property – Tax Credit Specialist (TCS®) or equivalent
- Rural Development and Section 8 – Certified Occupancy Specialist (COS®)
- Full-time hours- salaried position. Must be available on weekends for staffing needs and emergencies.
- Frequent need to utilize personal transportation to inspect competitive apartment communities and the surrounding neighborhood, supply runs, Regional meetings, etc.
- Occasional use of a golf cart may be necessary.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
In order to achieve success, the Sunquest team must embrace certain core principles and values.
- Tenacity & Enthusiasm
- Attendance is an imperative job function.
- Employees must fulfill the performance standards of this position and comply with policies, rules, and procedures of the company, including those set out in the Employee Handbook, or otherwise communicated (verbally or in writing) to employees.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, sit, stand, walk, climb stairs & ladders, reach, lift, pull, push, balance, crouch, crawl, kneel and lift or carry weight up to 40 pounds. May be exposed to inside and outside environmental conditions, chemical hazards, respiratory hazards, extreme cold for more than 1 hour at a time, and extreme heat for more than 1 hour at a time.
- Must be able to pass a drug test and criminal history background check prior to employment with Sunquest Properties, Inc.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and work responsibilities of the position. This job description and the duties of this position are subject to change, modification, and addition as deemed necessary by the company. Employees are required to comply with supervisory instructions and perform other job duties, responsibilities, and assignments required by company officials. This job description does not constitute an employment contract between the company and any employee. The job responsibilities of this position may include cross-training in other functions to ensure satisfactory operations.
Sunquest Properties IncNatchez, MS
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.