Family owned and operated Sunnyland, an established medium to high end outdoor furniture retailer, has a rare opening for a career minded outdoor living consultant. For 50 years, we have been creating perfect patios for our residential and commercial customers in the North Texas region. Our long-term award winning sales team has been recognized as the International Casual Furnishings Association’s Apollo Award winner on 4 different occasions as well as the 2017 Home Furnishings Retailer Of The Year for the industry as a whole. While we sell outdoor furniture, we are in the business of exceeding our customer’s expectations.
We are seeking an experienced Outdoor Living Sales Consultant who strives to give the highest attention to customers and has proven previous sales experience to our clientele. The ideal candidate has a flair for home decorating and enjoys creating outdoor entertaining spaces.
- Full service assistance to customers from the beginning to the end of the sale, including writing the sale, collecting payment, reserving and scheduling the furniture for delivery, and ensuring that customers are satisfied with the furniture selected
- Occasionally schedule in-home design consultations with prospective clients
- Utilize design skills to assist customers in the selection of upscale casual furniture
- Provide exceptional customer service and build long-lasting customer relationships through listening to customer needs and matching with the appropriate products
- Become knowledgeable with our products and vendors
- Maintaining the overall appearance of our showroom including merchandising, tagging, inventory, and light housekeeping.
- Attend all sales meetings and training sessions
- Perform other related duties as assigned
PREVIOUS EXPERIENCE / QUALFICATIONS
- The ideal candidate must genuinely enjoy people, be team oriented and well groomed. Must have good time management skills, be self-motivated, and have a reliable vehicle
- Must have at least 5 years previous experience in sales preferably in home furnishings, interior design, luxury goods, or outdoor living
- Basic computer skills (i.e.: Outlook, Excel, Word and tablets)
- Design background or previous experience is a plus
- Candidates must be available to work until 7 PM (9 PM on Thursdays), weekends and summer holidays
- Must possess basic math and measurement skills
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
- Weekly pay plus commission
- Eligible for health benefits after 90 days
- Retirement SEP plan available with employer match
- Continuous professional development and training
- Employee discounts
NOTE: Sunnyland is a drug-free work environment. Non-smokers preferred.