Director of Nursing
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
$80,000/year; St. Louis, MO
Sunnyhill is a place where people are encouraged to see beyond their disabilities, to a world where they are able to live out their dreams. Sunnyhill paves the way for children and adults with disabilities to reach their potential, create goals and become productive members of their community.
The Sunnyhill Nursing Team is integral in this endeavor and, as the Director of Nursing, you will lead the way.
Along with a competitive salary and great benefits, Sunnyhill offers an environment that can only be found in a community-based, non-profit organization. The Director of Nursing will have the flexibility and support to build the program they envision and to take this position and Department to new heights.
The Director of Nursing is accountable for assuring the overall quality and appropriateness of the healthcare and nursing services at Sunnyhill. The Director of Nursing is responsible for planning, developing, organizing, implementing, evaluating, establishing benchmarks, and directing staff for the nursing department.
- Lead and support the Sunnyhill Nursing Team.
- Oversee the medical care of the People We Support.
- Responsible for In-Service Training as needed, as well as New Hire training and re-certification of MRDD Med Aide Training.
- Knowledgeable about the various aspects of the health care delivery system required to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local government laws and guidelines as well as Sunnyhill policies and procedures.
Education & Experience
- Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Missouri – must be maintained
- Knowledge of various types of disabilities including but not limited to Developmental Disabilities, Down’s Syndrome, Cerebral Palsy, Mental Illness and Learning Disabilities
- Knowledge of Standards of Care required by funding sources and accrediting bodies
- Three years current nursing experience in both home care and hospital environment, during which administrative and supervisory competency has been demonstrated
- Community health experience preferred
- Experience in the field of developmental disabilities preferred
- One-year management experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and problem-solving abilities
- Must be adaptable and flexible and be able to maintain effectiveness during change
HealthcareView all jobs at Sunnyhill Inc
Get fresh Director of Nursing jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.