Assistant Director of Finance
- $65,000 to $75,000 Yearly
Don't miss out on this unique Leadership opportunity within an established Accounting Department for a successful non-profit with full benefits and 401K match!
The Assistant Director of Finance is responsible for overseeing the daily operation of the accounting department, including Accounts Payable, Billing, and Accounts Receivable, as well as other financial activities, ensuring accuracy and smooth workflow.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of essential functions is not intended to be limiting. Sunnyhill, Inc. reserves the right to revise this job description as needed to comply with actual job requirements. The essential duties reflect the general duties considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and shall not be considered as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
- Oversees the daily operations of the Finance Department, providing support to employees inside and outside of the department.
- Provides supervision, support, mentorship, and development to employees in the Finance department.
- Provides feedback to direct reports on work products, problem solving, discussing growth opportunities and long-term interests.
- Responsible for journal entry preparation, reconciliation and review of balance sheet accounts, and month-end close, ensuring accuracy of financial statements.
- Supports the Chief Financial and Administrative Officer in review of monthly financial reports and budget variances to assist with ensuring fiscal responsibility by each department.
- Provides requested and month-end information to Directors and Executives of Sunnyhill.
- Assists with preparation of monthly financial statements to be provided to the Finance Committee and Board of Directors.
- Ensures compliance with all related laws and the financial integrity of all applicable contracts and commitments.
- Assists with the application, measurement and effectiveness of all internal processes and creates new strategies to optimize workflow and performance of the team.
- Ensures accurate financial record keeping and data.
- Assists the CFAO and Directors with the preparation of the annual operating budget, including reporting and resources to be distributed with budget templates.
- Assists with preparation of information for annual audit, unit cost reports, IRS Form 990, Form 5500 and 401k audit, as well as any additional audits from funding sources or outside agencies.
- Runs reports in payroll software, including general ledger entries to import into financial software and other payroll reports as needed to perform job duties.
- Oversees cash management under the supervision of the CFAO.
- Tracks temporary restricted contributions and all grants and public funding, releasing funds when earned. Assist the Development department with reporting for same.
- Provides oversight to ensure excellent service for our customers and employees alike.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance required, with non-profit finance experience preferred.
- Minimum 3 years accounting/finance experience.
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience.
- Proven success in establishing a culture of integrity and accountability.
REQUIRED SKILLS/ABILITIES & QUALIFICATIONS
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, with exceptional attention to detail; ability to use good judgment, tact, and diplomacy in a professional work environment.
- Excellent communication skills, written and oral.
Sunnyhill Inc.Fenton, MO
Finance and Insurance
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.