Sr Accountant- Loans
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Brief Description of SunnovaSunnova is a different kind of Power Company, offering solar and storage services to homeowners within the United States and its territories through our network of local solar dealers and solar standard community homebuilders. Our mission is to Power Energy IndependenceTM and change the energy industry. At Sunnova, we believe in achieving more by working together; our diverse workforce allows an inclusive and innovative culture to power our long-term growth. Our people focus on thinking beyond traditional limits – and to do that, we need the creativity and energy of every person. Come be a part of the fastest growing segment of the energy industry!
The Senior Accountant Position
Sunnova Energy is currently searching for a Senior Accountant to be responsible for various processes within note receivables (loans) and potentially other accounting areas. Reporting to the Accounting Manager, this position will be responsible for accounting functions such as monthly and quarterly close tasks, account reconciliations, journal entries, supporting schedules, roll forwards, process improvements, system reporting improvements, and other key areas in general accounting.
Senior Accountant- Loans, Responsibilities
- Perform various accounting functions required to maintain the general ledger in compliance with GAAP and company policy for notes receivables (loan) and potentially other accounting areas.
- Coordinate month-end, quarter-end, and year-end closing activities to ensure timely reporting as well as assist with quarterly public audits
- Identify and reconcile any financial discrepancies
- Analyze monthly results and perform variance/aging analysis
- Prepare supporting schedules for financial statements
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations
- Prepare, review, and clearly communicate various analyses and other information to members of management and external auditors
- Develop procedures to improve workflow efficiency and internal controls
- Help create accounting processes and automations around new scenarios within the note receivable (loan) area.
- Other duties as necessary.
- 4-6+ years of accounting experience
- Undergraduate degree with an accounting concentration
- CPA is preferred
- Experience in renewable energy space is a plus
- Experience with Salesforce and FinancialForce is a plus
- Public accounting experience is a plus
- Experience with a small to medium-sized company that grew rapidly is preferred
Additional Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience working with multiple legal entities and intercompany transactions
- Impeccable integrity: words and actions must continually reinforce this characteristic
- A team player that has knowledge and experience in US generally accepted accounting principles and who has a successful track record meeting deadlines, increasing efficiency and issue spotting and resolution
- Advanced working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Ability to analyze and interpret large quantities of data
- Extreme attention to detail is necessary
- Ability to manage multiple projects while working under pressure and time constraints
- Open office environment
- Overtime required
- Houston, TX
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
Sunnova Energy Corp
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Sunnova Energy Corp
Get fresh Senior Mortgage Processor jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.