Manager, Government Affairs- Northeast/ Midwest
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sunnova is looking for an experienced and passionate solar policy advocate. You will be helping influence and create policies and regulations that affect the rooftop solar and storage market across the U.S. Your work will involve thought leadership, advocacy and finding creative solutions to new problems in the clean energy sector. You will work closely with trade associations, policymakers, non-profits and senior leadership. We are looking for someone who thrives when faced with challenges in a dynamic industry. The ideal candidate has experience working with regulatory agencies such as Public Utility Commissions, state legislatures, ISOs/RTOs and organizations leading the distributed energy resource transformation. They also understand the current landscape and challenges for those resources to participate in current market structures.
Manager of Government Affairs Responsibilities
- Facilitates Sunnova’s legislative and regulatory engagement in critical markets
- Maintains awareness of industry trends and makes recommendations regarding company governmental and communication strategies
- Makes political giving recommendations that are consistent with company goals and values
- Monitors, analyzes possible impacts and responds to state regulatory and legislative policies and proceedings, particularly related to energy, solar and storage policies, grid services, interconnection, planning and rate design
- Develops and leads proactive strategies to build new market opportunities, particularly for home solar + storage systems and microgrids
- Represents the company as an expert in meetings with regulators, agency officials, legislators, utilities, other companies, trade associations and non-profits
- Testifies on behalf of the company in legislative and regulatory proceedings
- Builds and maintain relationships with government officials
- Assists in company participation in trade associations, serves as trade association liaison, engages in trade association discussions and filings to ensure that the company’s interests are being considered
- Advocates for programs, rules and regulations that facilitates the smooth operation of the company’s work and accelerates our company’s ability to provide additional energy services to the grid
- Researches and communicates internally about changing policies, laws, rate structures, interconnection standards and incentive programs
- Advocates for proactive policy solutions
- Represents the company at public forums
- Responds to questions from and provides information to Sunnova’s network of independent dealers regarding public policy in their operating territories
- Builds new relationships and leverages existing relationships with industry leaders
- Organizes and leads industry coalitions in response to legislative and regulatory action
- Manages outside consultants
- Bachelor’s degree; Master’s or Law Degree preferred
- At least 5 years work experience
- The ability to operate autonomously and to represent the company in discussions with trade associations, policymakers, non-profits and senior leaders
- Proven track record designing and executing successful advocacy campaigns
- Experience in energy policy
- Preferred residency in the Northeast or Midwest, United States
Additional Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to organize and manage several priorities simultaneously while working under pressure and deadlines
- Highly organized and works with close attention to detail
- Exceptional writing and public speaking skills
- Open-office environment and/or remote office environment
- The ability to travel 20% of the time
- Extended periods of time working at computer workstation
Sunnova offers a generous employee reward package that includes:
- Comprehensive benefits, including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, healthcare flexible spending account, and 401(k) with employer match.
- Competitive compensation & annual bonus
- Paid time off, including 10 holidays and Paid Parental Leave
Sunnova Energy Corp
GovernmentView all jobs at Sunnova Energy Corp
Get fresh Director Government jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.