Sunlight Electric Operations Manager has responsibility for executional support of the implementation of our projects and for supporting our construction teams by ensuring they have engineering and construction documents in a timely manner, the correct materials when needed, and securing technical support for installation teams from suppliers on an as-needed basis. Their most important duties include:
Drafting & Engineering Coordination for Assembly of Permit Packages: Manage outside drafting and engineering (structural, electrical, and civil) resources to complete project plans and engineering to Sunlight Electric’s specifications for each project, coordinate/assemble completed engineering documents into a permit package for filing with the agency having jurisdiction, and respond to plan-checker comments and requests. Note: filing of permits completed by others.
Utility Interconnection: File utility interconnection applications online using single-line electrical drawings and project information and fulfill follow-on requests from the utility interconnection department. This includes Net Metering Aggregation and Virtual Net Metering documentation that must be created with input from the customer using parcel maps, meter locations, and utility data on the meters, usage, and service account ID #s.
Materials Ordering and Logistics: Review plans to identify all parts needed, develop bill of materials with suppliers (i.e., modules, inverters, racking, miscellaneous hardware, monitoring hardware), obtain supplier quotations and gain approval to purchase from Company management, schedule deliveries, carefully track carriers to ensure on-time delivery, meet deliveries on job site as needed to verify the correct materials were delivered and have been secured. Also, work with construction teams to integrate logistics and interconnection timing into detailed project workflow plans and expedite supplemental materials as needed.
Project Documentation: Tracking any field changes into construction plans to create accurate as-built plans; organizing all project documentation into a single online repository, and producing an online and electronic set to provide to each customer upon project completion.
System Operations and Reporting: Work with installers and customers’ IT staff to ensure timely commissioning of performance monitoring systems, track and report monthly performance by system, troubleshoot performance issues and work with suppliers and installers to resolve. Issue monthly reports to customer on performance versus expectations.
SOLAR EXPERIENCE IS A REQUIREMENT. Can be professional experience, volunteering (e.g., Grid Alternatives), or classroom/online education (e.g., DVC, Solar Living Institute). The ideal candidate would enjoy an entrepreneurial opportunity where s/he can make a significant impact on a fast-growing company. Specifically, candidates must possess a minimum of 5 years of increasingly responsible experience, with responsibility for technical products, ordering and logistics, and associated administrative activities, and a track record of meeting internal and external customers’ needs. Also must be close enough to Napa and Sonoma for easy field-trips for receiving deliveries and troubleshooting.
Desired Personality/Work Style
- Desire to take initiative and to operate independently to manage processes and solve problems – flexible work location: tele-commute and visit job sites
- Excellent communication skills; the ability to communicate effectively and clearly, over the phone and in email
- Ability to meet deadlines under pressure, setting priorities and performing and managing multiple tasks simultaneously and independently
- Ability to attempt to resolve issues and problem solve independently and the judgment to know when asking for help is the most expeditious path
- Passion for quality work products and for being a high-performance service provider to internal customers and partners
- High energy level; knows how to work effectively in a fast-paced/dynamic environment
- Exceptional execution skills with a track record of success in implementation
- Analytical, creative problem solving skills