A longstanding A/E firm is currently interviewing for a Senior Cost Estimator in one of our three Texas offices to help finalize estimates and be a part of our highly reputable Cost Estimating Team. This position can be located in Austin, Houston, or San Antonio. Must be able to handle the workload of multiple projects at different phases. This position also requires strong presentation and organizations skills including cost proposal preparation, developing and adhering to project budgets and communication between contractor and project owners/engineers. This position is salaried, and exempt.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management
· 10-15 years of experience on large projects (preferably in aviation, transportation and public works)
· Combination of field and estimating experience
· Advanced knowledge of construction principles
· 7 years extensive take-off and pricing experience
· Excellent professional written and oral communication skills with technical expertise is essential
· Adept skills in project cost estimating software
· Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without sponsorship
Additional Job Details
· Consult with client to determine project requests and prepare cost proposal regarding specifications, design, scheduling and estimated cost, with the assistance of supervisor.
· Prepare detailed estimates, quantity take-offs with extensions, analyzing data on all factors that can influence cost and written specifications for all types of construction.
· Responsible for providing project updates and maintaining communication with stakeholders to include project plan milestones, issue resolution, budget reconciliation.
· Create and maintain strong relationships with clients.
· Travel up to 25% of time
Come join our Team!
· 100% Employer paid Employee Health and Dental Insurance
· 100% Employer paid Life and AD&D of $15,000
· 160 hours of Personal Time Off
· Generous Holiday Paid Time Off
· 401K with dollar for dollar match and immediate 100% vesting!
· We also offer, vision insurance, short- and long-term disability insurance, flex spending accounts, and various supplemental insurances.