Directs, Supervises, and coordinates the delivery of quality home care and maintains overall accountability for clinical and administrative staff of the Indianola, MS branch of Sunflower Home Health. Will work with referring physician on orders management.
Requirements: Registered Nurse With Prior Management Experience.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Demonstrate professional conduct and ethics according to agency policy and procedure
- Coordinate and supervise provision of home health care services that reflect the Agency’s philosophy and standards.
- Ensure all facets of the Agency’s operations are consistent with the physicians’ orders, federal and state laws and regulations, community professional standards and agency policy and procedure
- Assist in recruitment and selection of qualified personnel
- Monitor and manage staffing levels to maintain minimum staffing requirements
- Assist in planning and budgeting for the provision of agency services
- Participate in the continuing education for all employees responsible for patient care.
- Analyze and investigate patient concerns, infection control and risk management issues.
- Coordinate patient care services with all members of the health care team
- Establish and maintain effective communication with office and field staff, patients, families and physicians regarding progress in the patient’s medical condition
- Provide and document annual performance evaluation, counseling and disciplinary actions of direct report
- Ensure timelines and completion of all documentation of services to patients
- Ensure clinical staff competency by performing or designating a supervisor to perform concurrent patient visits with clinical staff
- Perform other job duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Director of Nursing
- Participate in the rotation of administrative on-call during the week and on weekends as required.