Guardian Mortgage a Division of Sunflower Bank, N.A. is looking for a motivated Mortgage Underwriter in Texas. The individual as an Underwriter will render a final decision (approval, disapproval, approval with conditions) for mortgage loan applications in a timely, accurate and compliant manner. The Underwriter will review loans applications based on factors such as capacity, credit history, capital, and collateral in compliance with company policy, contracts, investor guidelines, lending programs and state and federal law and regulation. Opportunities to work remotely available! Bonus Incentive Plan is paid out monthly in addition to base pay.
- Render a final underwriting decision (e.g., approved, suspend, denied) for mortgage loan applications based on factors such as capacity, credit history, capital and collateral.
- Apply underwriting rules from multiple sources to accurately and consistently review individual loan applications. Formulate approval conditions, as appropriate.
- Review each loan file to verify documents are present, accurate, accurately calculated, compliant and sufficiently complete for an underwriting decision. Review and reach an underwriting decision on the appraisal.
- Accurately answer questions from and educate loan officers, loan processors, and other appropriate personnel about underwriting rules and how they apply to individual loan applications.
- Meet ongoing, short deadlines with regard to underwriting, closing, etc.
- Meet rules, obligations, timelines, and deadlines to comply with company policy, contracts, investor guidelines, lending programs and state and federal law and regulation.
Education / Experience Required
- Graduation from a 4-year college or university with related major preferred
- At least 3+ years of underwriting experience.
- FHA Direct Endorsement (DE) approved.
- Veterans Administration (VA) Lender Appraisal Processing Program (LAPP) preferred.
- CHUMS number, SAR number and USDA preferred but not required
- Must be bondable.
- Bonus Incentive Plan for Underwriters
- Competitive wages plus excellent benefits!
- Remote work opportunity
- 401(k) plan with 6% match 100% vested
- Health/dental/vision insurance
- Company-paid life insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off
- Volunteer leave
- ~10 paid holidays
- Plus much more employee perks & incentives!
Sunflower Bank employees enjoy outstanding benefits!
Come grow with us and assist our institution in providing leading-edge financial solutions to our customers! You have never worked for any place like Sunflower Bank!
We are a full-service community bank offering a working environment with a strong emphasis on passion, accountability, and leadership. We believe that each associate should have the means to achieve professional growth, enhancing their career.
Sunflower Bank, N.A.
Why Work Here?Rewarding Careers Begin With Great People We are a full-service community bank offering a working environment with a strong emphasis on passion, accountability, and leadership. We believe that each associate should have the means to achieve professional growth, enhancing their career.
Our competitive benefits package along with our positive and inclusive work environment bring out the best in our associates.