The Production Material Control Supervisor will be responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating work activities to ensure products are manufactured accordingly and business is operating efficiently. Essential areas of responsibility include scheduling, production planning, process improvement, customer service, and cost effectiveness. As a Production Material Control Manager, this position is required to ensure the department is producing at full efficiency and utilizing proper production procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Acts as a liaison with the Sales Department to develop a production schedule detailing tasks to meet specific deadlines.
- Communicates with customers, suppliers, and supervises employees to ensure all workers, materials, and machinery will be available when required.
- Coordinates movement of materials to and from receiving, production areas, stock room, quality & shipping, and other equipment.
- Collaborate with Production Supervisors to ensure proper materials are distributed to Production team.
- Perform daily status updates on backlog for production reports.
- Monitoring & replenishing floor stock and performing ERP transactions.
- Review of open material requests and shortages to identify and take appropriate actions as necessary.
- Attending and providing timely and accurate input into daily production meetings.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Possess strong interpersonal skills.
- Able to communicate clearly, both written and orally with employees.
- Able to effectively read and interpret information, present numerical data in a resourceful manner, and skillfully gather and analyze information.
- Able to prioritize and plan work activities in a timely manner.
- Ability to understand the current manufacturing capacity and operational effectiveness.
- Strong project management skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work well in teams and independently.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office in Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Minimum 1-3 years of experience in supply chain management, production planning, or related field.
- Associate Degree from an accredited college or university in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Engineering, Materials Management, or a related field.