Retail Sales Associate
Sundance Holdings Group, LLC Fairfax, VA
- Expired: September 01, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sundance... A Place. An Idea. Celebrating and Enriching the Human Experience.
Sundance was founded in 1969 by Robert Redford when he purchased land at the base of beautiful 12,000-foot Mount Timpanogos in Utah's Wasatch Mountains. This pristine place became the Sundance Village, and at the base of the Village was a tiny store. Guests would frequently write letters to the store requesting special items they had seen while visiting Sundance, and thus the idea for Sundance Catalog was born.
It started small. Robert Redford called together a few of his colleagues to discuss starting a mail-order catalog to fill these requests and to make Sundance's unique items available to a wider audience. The first edition of Sundance Catalog was mailed in 1989, and since that first catalog, it remains the Sundance vision to share "the kinds of things that we have been privileged to collect, many of them handcrafted exclusively for Sundance."
As Sundance has grown, we have remained rooted in the richness and diversity of the American experience. When you purchase something from Sundance, we appreciate the fact that the prime reason is enjoyment for yourself. But you are also supporting American craftspeople and efforts to enhance and preserve the artistic spirit.
Beginning with the first catalog mailed in 1989, Robert Redford has penned a special message that appears on the inside front cover of every edition. And, in the words of Robert Redford, "To us, Sundance is and always will be a dream. What you see, smell, taste and feel here is a dream being carefully nurtured. It is an area whose pledge is to people. What we offer in the form of art and culture, spirit and service, is homegrown and available to all."
Sundance is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Sales Associate to join our team for a part-time opportunity at our retail store located in Fairfax, VA. Sundance is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer with headquarters located in Salt Lake City, UT. Robert Redford founded Sundance Catalog in 1989 and we have been growing ever since. Sundance is a brand that supports artistic endeavors and focuses on the creative process and originality. We are committed to providing world-class service while offering unique products that showcase artistic inspiration. Sundance has grown to be a unique lifestyle brand with a compelling assortment of products and retail stores located in several states.
The Sales Associate partners with the store management team in driving store sales by demonstrating persistent attention to detail in serving and selling goods to customers, while offering general support to the management team regarding visual merchandising, housekeeping, and store cleanliness. Above all, the Sales Associate is a team player with the best in mind for the customer, the company, and the owners. The Sales Associate will consistently demonstrate and uphold the Sundance culture with the utmost integrity.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Greets and welcomes customers as they enter with genuine enthusiasm
- Customer service is key... we are here to enhance the customer experience by outfitting customers
- Asks open-ended questions to customers to determine needs
- Tells the product story, features and benefits of jewelry and merchandise
- Checks for customer understanding
- Offers additional products that support or relate to the customer needs
- Listens to customers and uses their feedback to improve service levels
- Informs customers of our website and catalog, offering to put them on our mailing list
- Consistently and accurately follows up on customer issues in a timely manner
- Seeks product knowledge on new and core goods and openly shares information and selling tips with fellow partners
- Processes register transactions accurately and efficiently
- Assists the store in achieving the store budgeted sales
- Operates all technology in store including the Point of Sale, Kiosk and iPad system
- Must be familiar with all operations of the store and willing to pitch in as needed
Standards of Operations
- Maintains visual integrity by regular cleaning and assisting with general housekeeping duties such as folding, dusting, straightening, sweeping, vacuuming, taking out the trash, recycling, keeping stockroom clean daily, restocking supplies, etc.
- Replenishes merchandise as needed
- Maintains a high level of awareness regarding loss prevention
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- 6-12 months retail experience required
- Experience with an apparel premium brand retailer preferred
- Experience in an environment where customer service is highly regarded is a must
- Experience with Point of Sale, Kiosk and iPad
- Computer literacy including the use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Proven effective interpersonal skills at all levels, including highly advanced conversational skills and ability to build relationships with clients
- Must be able to read and write English fluently, including business communication
If you would like to be part of a great team and make a difference within our company, apply today. We offer a competitive wage, retirement benefits, and great merchandise discounts.
Sundance Holdings Group, LLC
RetailView all jobs at Sundance Holdings Group, LLC