Designer, Dresses and Special Occasions
Sundance Holdings Group, LLC West Valley City, UT
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sundance… A Place. An Idea. Celebrating and Enriching the Human Experience.Job Description
Sundance is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Women's Fashion Designer to join our Apparel team in designing dresses and special occasions. Sundance is a leading omni-channel specialty retailer with headquarters located in Salt Lake City, UT. Founded in 1969 by Robert Redford, Sundance is a unique brand that supports artistic endeavors and focuses on creativity, originality, and inspiration.
The Designer of Dresses and Special Occasions will drive business in day dresses, special occasion dresses and separates. Responsible for designing and creating day dresses and special occasion dresses in women’s apparel that are leading in design, innovation, function and quality, while also being reflective of Sundance’s design philosophy and standards. Will work directly with the Design Director presenting preliminary design research, competitive understanding, final design concepts, fabric and trim recommendations. This is a highly visible position that will make presentation boards for meetings, color CAD's while maintaining the design T&A process and line management.
What you'll be doing:
- Design and create day dresses, special occasion dresses and separates in women’s apparel that meet the Sundance aesthetic and quality standards.
- Research seasonal trends, themes, colors, raw materials, styling & trims
- Work with product development team partners to maintain design integrity while adhering to margin requirements
- Design to meet the "Assortment Plan" requirements
- Lobby for newness
- Create sketches in illustrator, must be advanced in photoshop
- Supply all needed information for package development hand over to the product development team
- Manage communications to product development in a timely manner
- Create embroidery and CAD layout
- Build collaborative relationships with merchandising partners and cross functional areas
What we're looking for:
- A minimum of five years’ industry experience in Women's apparel
- Bachelor's degree in Apparel/Fashion design
- Artistic background as well as business acumen
- Cad proficiency – Photoshop and Illustrator
- Experience with PLM programs
- Hands-on design experience – flat and illustrator sketching
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Exceptional presentation skills, both visual and oral
- Strong understanding of upscale fabrics
- Will request a portfolio, examples of work and/or links to work
We offer a competitive wage and excellent benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life, disability, 401(k), paid time off, and great merchandise discounts.
If you would like to be part of a creative team while making a difference within our company, apply today!
For more information about our culture and brand at Sundance, please visit https://careers.smartrecruiters.com/SundanceHoldingsGroupLLC
For the Sundance Story, visit: https://www.sundancecatalog.com/category/customer+service/about+us.do
Sundance Holdings Group, LLC
AddressWest Valley City, UT
Arts and EntertainmentView all jobs at Sundance Holdings Group, LLC