The Assistant/Inbound Logistics Coordinator is responsible for carrying out various tasks related to tracking inbound shipments, and other relevant activities within the purchasing office. Other duties include supporting the buyers on all day-to-day functions of the department, monitoring on-orders and communicating delivery flow to warehouse. Qualified candidates must be extremely accurate, organized and have strong follow through skills. The ability to multi-task and operate in a fast-paced environment plus strong computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook) is required. The successful candidate will be independent, a self-motivated team player.
- Maintain purchase orders, sales contracts, and pricing records.
- Update and track product arrival dates.
- Coordinate deliveries with Receiving Dept.
- Resolve vendor discrepancies through research.
- Assist buyers in their day to day responsibilities.
- Paperwork and database management.
- Respond to upper-management requests.
- Mastery of MS Excel is a must.
- Purchasing experience is a plus.
- Experience working with an ERP System and MS Office is a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Experience in a shipping or purchasing environment a plus.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
Benefits include medical, dental, 401k plan, short term disability, holidays and paid time off.
All job offers are contingent on successfully passing a pre-employment drug screening and background check
Please respond by e-mail for consideration. No phone calls please. No recruiters.